Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone advise please...

Ive just returned from my dealer who were supposed to be doing my car to a single press on the keyfob door unlock. They were supposed to do this before collection but forgot.

Now Ive had this done before on a previous golf when it was in for a service.

I had to rebook the car in for another time as they told me they need all the keys supplied with the car.

I did not have to do this last time.

They are saying they are reprogramming the keys, where as I thought this was a VAG COM reprograme on the car itself.

Can someone please advise a very frustrated new Anni Owner..

Ta

CURLY

·
Registered
92 Posts
Quote: posted by CoolCurly on 13/01/2004 09:27:31

Can someone advise please...

Ive just returned from my dealer who were supposed to be doing my car to a single press on the keyfob door unlock. They were supposed to do this before collection but forgot.

Now Ive had this done before on a previous golf when it was in for a service.

I had to rebook the car in for another time as they told me they need all the keys supplied with the car.

I did not have to do this last time.

They are saying they are reprogramming the keys, where as I thought this was a VAG COM reprograme on the car itself.

Can someone please advise a very frustrated new Anni Owner..

Ta

CURLY

Sounds like they don't have a clue. They only need the car. The Anni should be no different.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
you can do this with an unregistered version of vag-com, well i did anyway. takes a min or so. dont need to reprograme keys or anything.

How much were they gonna charge you?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are not charging me anything, as I asked at the time of buying the car...

I must admit I actually think its the salesperson hasnt got a clue and neither did the receptionist.

I think I will call now and speak to the Service manager.....

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
no charge, thats pretty good for a dealer!

Its in the adaption part of vag-com somewhere, and you need to change the last digit (if i remember right)

·
Registered
464 Posts
You can do this with Vag-com - I think dealers could do worse than employ someone to read this forum - they may actually learn something.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They are not charging me anything, as I asked at the time of buying the car...

I must admit I actually think its the salesperson hasnt got a clue and neither did the receptionist.

I think I will call now and speak to the Service manager.....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just spoke to the service receptionist who after I explained a little and confused her (not hard really), she went to speak to one of the "technicians". She came back and now said "we recommend that we have both keys in case something goes wrong and we have to reprogramme the keys"...not quite what she was saying earlier.

So, Ive now got to drop the car back off on Thursday.....

Pain in the harris!!

Why cant VW Bob move to Basingstoke!?!?!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
just get a time off them and wait, he will come out to your car with a blue box and within mins you will be driving away. no real need to drop it off.

·
Expression Intentionally Blank
1,132 Posts
If you come to the AmD meeting this Saturday I'll do it for you! I have a registered version of VAG-COM

·
Registered
464 Posts
With the amount of people buying cables in the group buy, there should be plenty of folk around with them in a while. Including me.

·
Expression Intentionally Blank
1,132 Posts
[Select]

[46 - Cent. Conv.] (35 - Cent. Locking for manual window cars)

[Recode - 07]

Write down the existing coding for future reference.

Enter 5-digit code from below

[Do It!]

Look at the existing Soft. Coding. If you have s elective unlocking (press the unlock button on the remote once to open the driver's door, twice to open all the doors) the last digit of your coding should be an even number. To make all doors unlock, add 1 to the coding.

So, if you have a 2-door 2002 GTI that is coded for s elective unlocking (00064) add one to make it 00065 so that all doors unlock with one press of the unlock button.

HTH

1 - 18 of 18 Posts