Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Silly idea or a silly idea

Bought some RS4 alloys at the beginning of the year. After a few months noticed a few more alloys that I liked (I expect most people feel this way?)

Anyway still want to keep the RS4 alloys

Was thinking of changing two alloys with a new style

Therefore if you looked from one side it would have RS4 and the other side it would for example Audi TT Competition alloys.

Its not as if someone can look at both sides at the same time

Anyone tried this ...............

ps would keep the alloys the same size otherwise it would be really silly????????????????????

m

·
Registered
406 Posts
Have you noticed that even at a complete stop, the tachometer needle is never at 0 or close to 0 RPMs. At a complete stop, the needle's just under 1. Do you think this is normal?

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Awful idea.

It sometimes works with different alloys back and front but i emphasise, sometimes.

but side to side = NO

·
Registered
712 Posts
Maybe it would work better if you had half a car on one side welded to another half of a car you liked on the other? [;)]

OR! you could put 2 front and 2 back - just make sure the rear tyres are bigger though, for that wacky races look [:D]

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was hoping some of you guys were gonna give me some support ..........

Looks like my idea has been shot down (not once but five times just make sure its dead)

I think I am gonna have to leave this forum and find somewhere where my ideas will be appreciated ?????

MikeP I thought you were serious for one minute but then you put that wacky racer comment.

·
Registered
113 Posts
dude dude... chill. We all respect other people's idea's, and more
often than not give support.... but this isn't really something that is
either cool OR SAFE. If you put a suggestion to the people of UK-MKIVS
expect it to be answered in the same way that anyone walking down the
street would react.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I was hoping some of you guys were gonna give me some support ..........

Looks like my idea has been shot down (not once but five times just make sure its dead)

I think I am gonna have to leave this forum and find somewhere where my ideas will be appreciated ?????

MikeP I thought you were serious for one minute but then you put that wacky racer comment.
Sorry matey, with your title thought it was in good fun! Seriously though, with the safety aspect, as others have mentioned, it isn't worth trying - plus, imagine if something happened and the insurance found out....!

I'm off to Stop that Pidgeon now...!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Why not fit steelies, then go on a "supermarket sweep" of Halfords placky wheel trim section.

The actual wheels and tyres will be the same and any aerodynamic profile or weight differences of the various designs will be negligible.

You could have a different look each day, or even "mix-n-match" each corner.

Just make sure you buy enough cable ties to keep them on, last thing you want is for one to fall off - otherwise you'd look a right berk with just three! [;)]

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
LOL at the above comment! I personaly think it would look bloody awful. Then theres the weight thing, insurance would never cover you. Would look extremely strange and very poor. You asked for our opinions and you go them, don't go throwing toys around, but if you want to go to another forum to find a response, feel free, though I feel even the chaviest of the chav queens would give a no to this one, spinners spinning one way and the back spinners spinning the opposite way....in bright yellow, they might like.

No ones having a go at you, you asked, we answered.

Why not have 2 sets of alloys, one winter, one summer, easy.

·
Banned
774 Posts
Sometimes when I'm changing my stock 18's for a set of 17's in the garage I have to drive it out and move it closer to the opposite side so I can jack up the other side of the car (not enough room). Thus the car sits with it's anniversary alloys on one side and evolos on the other.

It looks odd and drives weird. Don't do it, as if you didn't already know.[;)]

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Tried a few other forums but they wouldn't take me in . They wanted me to put neons on the roof (((((( no can do )))))))

So gonna have to stay with this forum

When you guys see a golf. Do you walk all the way around it ?. I think most us will only see one side of it so you will never know whether it has a different set of alloys on the other side

ps this is not a serious post , so feel free to take the ***** if you want (((won't be offended and haven't beeen so far)))

anyone wanna swap some wheels (2)???????????

·
Registered
195 Posts
lmfao, the original post was genuine IMO. Only when the feedback
received was less than negative did the guy change his tune to say it
was a joke all along.

good work fella

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
lmfao, the original post was genuine IMO. Only when the feedback received was less than negative did the guy change his tune to say it was a joke all along.
no comment[:$]

1 - 20 of 22 Posts