Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've mostly done the PCV modding and catch can adding today but traditional 19mm hose is a massive ballache and the walls are thick as flip..

Does suitable silicone hose have a thinner wall?

Recommend me some please?

Don't need funny colours, just black...

·
Registered
10,726 Posts
Silicone hoses are thicker than the rubber counterparts mate especially the ones for oil... tip for you to slide them on... warm the rubber up a bit and use some fairy liquid on the connectors. Should slip straight on without to much hassle.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Silicone hoses are thicker than the rubber counterparts mate especially the ones for oil... tip for you to slide them on... warm the rubber up a bit and use some fairy liquid on the connectors. Should slip straight on without to much hassle.
They go on alright they're just so damn inflexible.
I figured silicone would be a bit more manageable.
Never used the stuff so I don't know.

I'm going to have to introduce elbows and stuff to get round/under the airbox so as not to interfere with the gear change..

·
Registered
10,726 Posts
Yeah I encountered the same so I put it in another spot than I planned... have a picture of under the hood? Last AGU engine I did it on it ended up on the frame.just under the battery box nicely out the way but easily accessible to be drained. Plus the pipes didn't have to much bends on them.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is the bay...
Doesn't matter where it goes there's a bitch of a pipe run.
The box in the orange circle isn't there any more..

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jup you are right... long pipe work needed
I had a look at the slam panel and any other options but all had their own, equally problematic, issues.
Up the back there it's out out the way, the pipe runs are about as clear as they get..
It'd just have been easier if the pipe had thinner walls and was a bit more bendy.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They are so thick so they won't collapse... believe me you don't want that to happen
Aiming to delete the SAI tomorrow (my job didn't work out so I can have the car off the road for a while, and I'm poor again ) which means I have to undo part of what I've done today... Sheesh.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well... All the deletes and mods are done.
Hoses and clips are replaced/removed/cut/plugged/blah.

3 days of sunstroke and I'm just waiting for a new cts and the gasket sealant to dry blocking up the hole in the airbox...

Quite a lot of crap removed.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well.. It runs.. Like a dream..

Need to shift this a wee bit. Away from the cts plug.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Took it for a spin today..... Bit nervous tbh, expected it to die and never start again.

Don't arf run nice. Think it's quicker too.
Pipework seems to have sorted itself out a bit too - still pondering a nicer solution.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts