Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't really care much for these things, but I'm off work this week and my old trainers are well and truly hammered to bits so went on a random shopping trip this morning...

Bought one pair of these, for no particular reason other than that they appear to have bits of carbon fibre trim [:S] (OK, they also look like a lower version of my Adidas Monzas - or was it Monaco GPs... Lemme find the pic - so won't get so damned hot inside (the Monzas/Monacos are basically like F1 driving shoes and also have a nylon upper [:S])). They're white, so I'll probably never wear them for fear of getting them dirty (is there a footwear detailing section on this site?)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Then two pairs of these 'cos they were £14 a pair - but I had to go to two different branches of the shop to get them in the right size (at the second shop an assistant asked me if I was buying them for martial arts use [^o)])

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Then one pair of these. Nice interior?

Posted Image

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/shiuming/trainers11.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/shiuming/trainers12.jpg

·
Super Moderator
50,205 Posts
The Hi-Tec squash shoes are kinda the Montego of the trainer world,unchanged for about 25 years,and like the Montego very functional in the styling department.

Chris.

·
Registered
471 Posts
As already mentioned, you coudln't fit all mine on!

All im saying, is that I have 27 pairs of trainers/shoes! :|

Regards.
27????? what do you need 27 for?? you only need 2 one smart and one for sport unless your a girl [:O]

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Pat, where do you get the Air Huarache from! Been after a pair for years!
I got them from Footlocker, you know I'm sure we talked about Huarache's last time we had a trainers thread donkey's years ago! I have to admit I've never worn them though. What size are you?

okay at the moment i have:

Posted Image

what can i say, i love old skool nike airs...:/
I love 180's - never had any in 1991 the first time round but I have 4 prs of the reissues, 2 like that, the blue / white mesh and women's colourway flourescent green / blue / white mesh. When I first got into trainers in the mid 80s as a kid it was all adidas /// up here but people down south always went for Nike. I remember going down there one year I think it was 1990 just when these
Posted Image
first appeared and my mate's cousin had them but in the women's colours and I was like [:O] if you had come up north wearing those you would get very funny looks [:D]

·
Registered
366 Posts
Great collection Pat!

Here are a few of my favourites from my collection, mainly Air Max (they're not as dirty as they look! lol):
Posted Image

1 - 20 of 42 Posts