1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is mine

Posted Image

Saturday morning spend frenzy.

tryin to make my golf look in tip top shape, and theres a few bits that are showin wear and tear.

Just bought some new mats (?23.00 ebay)

now im thinking the gaiter is looking tatty but should i buy just a new gaiter (?12.50) or go the whole hog and get a fancy gear stick with gaiter inc, hence i would like to see what you guys are using and where they are from.

Also on a wear n tear basis, any ideas on fixin this??

Posted Image

Thanks guys

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good q with the gaitor condition, was likr that when i bought it. Didnt get rubber mats, got the decent set. Hows those pics comin on

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
little rascals! will prob just buy a replacement, only bough ?10 iirc. guess theres not much i can do about the seat cover... 

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Ahh yes, good point shiuming. I would give a guess that the last owner (or at least one owner in the past) was female and put her hair bobbles on there. See that quite a lot.

·
Registered
123 Posts
My gaitor looks all tatty like that aswell! Im going to get a new one off ebay soon, any idea how to fit them?

Loving the Aviators!! lol

·
Registered
319 Posts
to remove the old gaiter and knob you just pull the gaiter surround out of place and pull it up over the knob then you will see there is a clip thing that needs to be opened up with a flathead driver then just pull old knob off and push new one on and tighten the clip with some pliers and refit the surround, should take about 60 seconds!

·
Registered
45 Posts
To remove the gaitor from the knob, push down the plastic sleeve. A bit stiff but will move. I'm a bit thick and had to ask a main dealer!!

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
i want to get a new gear knob but then i go obn awesome all the gear knobs says fits all exept 1.4 & 1.6 i have a 1.6 does anyone know why it wont fit or what i can do to make it fit, i know i need to get a new radio cadge to do the ali dash, but what do i need for the knob

·
Registered
42 Posts
Here's my knob: Posted Image Before anyone mentions it, the alu ashtray is now fitted and not rested on top of the old one! LOL
Hey Nice Knob Buddy!

What is that? I can see it's got the vw racing logo on it like the r32 one. But it's 5 speed? I don't think I've seen one like that before?

Where did you get it from? How much do they cost?

Thanks

1 - 20 of 33 Posts