Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As noted in the itinerary thread we're planning on having a Show and Shine competition on both days of the Meet.

The Show and shine will be self judged, with the only exception that you cannot score your own car. Scoring cards will be available from officials on the day. Those taking part in the show and shine must complete score cards, while those not taking part can complete cards if necessary.

Entry into the show and shine is free, but you must let us know in advance if your planning on entering so we can make a note of who to expect.

Prizes for the competition will be as follows:
Saturday - Overall winner trophy, plus runner up trophy.
Sunday - Overall winner trophy, plus runner up trophy.
Best in show trophy - this will be awarded by the team to the car that best represents the spirit of the show [:D]

Check the itinerary thread for details of the times etc. the show and shine will run.

[hr]

Show and Shine Saturday list:
Josh

Show and shine Sunday list:
Andrew
Redbeard7
m15_DST
T25ANV
Red Gixer
Tabs
N15CKO

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Go on then.. i'll go for sunday.. though I won't win as i'll not be washing before I come up and will have to do it on saturday morning in a field.. we'll see how it goes though !

·
Registered
540 Posts
Come on, who else is up for this. Show and shine on my own at the moment [:(] lol
Go on then Andrew I'll have a go even though I know yours is shinier than mine.... lol....well it was last week at Donnington[:p], I only drove for 45 mins and you came up from South Wales.

See you Sunday

R.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I know its called the show and shine but is it all about how clean it is???

I would but I know my cars not that shiny and it would mean loads and loads of cleaning, and not sure if the miss's would be impressed having to wax it in the morning!!!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Em, correct me if Im wrong, but isn't show and shine supposed to be where you clean your car (or at least have a clean car to start off with) and then buff it to a shine with all your products there and then? Anyway M15_DST, me and you need to get our cars to a nice shine for next Sunday anyway so might be a good opportunity to. :)

·
Registered
843 Posts
lol well I'll have a go

I have never done a show and shine before in my life and never even really thought about doing one till now.

I don't even know the rules or anything, if there is any rules!!!

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I've never done show and shine either so I wouldn't worry. I thought I might as well seeing as I'm going to be there, plus it's cleaning I would have probably done on a Sunday anyway.

·
Registered
843 Posts
lol thats ok then makes 2 of us!!!

And the miss's isn't gonna be there to help, dam!!!!

I'll have to enter Sunday as not sure what time I'll get there Saturday

·
Registered
540 Posts

Make that 3 [;)]....last week was my first show, but as people ask me if I ever let my car get dirty as it always seems to be clean I though I might as well have a go.

And my misses won't be there to help either lol

·
Registered
1,934 Posts

Make that 3 [;)]....last week was my first show, but as people ask me if I ever let my car dirty as it always seems to be clean I though I might as well have a go.

And my misses won't be there to help either lol
Don't forget to show everyone your car's "James Bond" gadgets and I guess the misses is at home ready for the incar telephone demo....LOL

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Don't worry ppl its not a highly competitive show and shine [:D] Just make sure your cars are clean and tidy - afterall it will be you, and others, doing the judging, so things will be judged according to how you score them [Y]

I've updated the list, hopefully we can get a few more on before the weekend?

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here's some info on the show and shine!

The show and shine will be self judged - although you cannot score your own car. Score cards will be handed out to all those taking part, plus, people attending who wish to also take part, can score the entrants as well.

Cars will be scored on the following using 1 to 5 (1 being poor and 5 being excellent)

Cleanliness Outside
Cleanliness Inside
Modifications (if listed)
Originality
Overall Appearance

Score cards will be available from uk-mkivs HQ on both days.

·
Registered
843 Posts
lol some of my mates well put me off last night saying they will look at the engine bay, arches and every where!!!

You can't do this to me!!! I keep the car quite clean but not extra special clean like some of you lot

Think everyone should just be entered into it!!!!

Well I don't mind losing, I get used to it I support Leicester City!!!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts