Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what people views were on this as the Mkv'S section has grown and grown over the last few months and as this is a mkiv forum seems strange to me why there is such a big section on here for them. [}:)]

Im sure this will rattle some people cages but its just my opinion.[:I]

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
As we've got www.uk-mkvs.net pointing here we thought we may as well give them something to use [:D] Joking of course. As the two cars are related it would rude not to have a dedicated MKV section on the forum. We've had one for some time now, and as I predicted a while back, the section would take off as the MKV gains in popularity.

As with all things in life development and continuation are the norm. We will cater for both vehicle marques, and the new site will see this put into action. Importantly though it will not split the discussion in two and everything will remain firmly under one roof.

Anyway I think most, if not all MkV owners would agree, that this forum is a good home for their discussion - and wait till they see what they're getting on the new forum [:D]

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
when's the unveiling?

and i think the MKV section is well suited after all its the direct replacement for the MKIV and also there are plenty of members who nave ditched golfs for audis, etc.. and still chat about their cars and stuff

·
Registered
565 Posts
Quote: posted by Tabs on 11/02/2005 21:36:51

As we've got www.uk-mkvs.net pointing here we thought we may as well give them something to use [:D] Joking of course. As the two cars are related it would rude not to have a dedicated MKV section on the forum. We've had one for some time now, and as I predicted a while back, the section would take off as the MKV gains in popularity.

As with all things in life development and continuation are the norm. We will cater for both vehicle marques, and the new site will see this put into action. Importantly though it will not split the discussion in two and everything will remain firmly under one roof.

Anyway I think most, if not all MkV owners would agree, that this forum is a good home for their discussion - and wait till they see what they're getting on the new forum [:D]

I guess the MKV's should branch out on their own at some point, but a lot of MKV owners were Mk IV owners, and we (current MK IV's) still benefit from their experience etc.

To say nothing of the community feel.....

E: spelling!

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
To me it seems daft to restrict this place to only MKIVs as time goes on? IMO its been, in part, that kind of attitude on other forums that makes UK MKIVs different, and has contributed to its continued popularity. Tabs, David et al are working on a fully integrated set up that caters for both MKIVs and MKIVs equally for the new forum; it will make perfect sense when you see it, watch this space!

[:D]

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Quote: posted by Mikedav on 11/02/2005 22:54:26

Tabs, David et al are working on a fully integrated set up that caters for both MKIVs and MKIVs equally for the new forum

[:D]

But not the MKVs, we don't want any of them [:p][:D]

·
Registered
493 Posts
I don't see the problem really. I hardly ever look in to the MKV, I.C.E, Insurance, Gearbox & Clutch or Buying & Selling sections but having said that if I needed to know something about any of those topics at least I'd know where to look/ask.

Simple really; If you don't want to read it then don't click it[:)].

Cheers, Jim

·
Registered
493 Posts
Quote: posted by binlinerVR6 on 11/02/2005 22:32:03

so u want rid of us as well now?! [;)]

Bin, do you get a classic car insurance policy for that? Bet you don't need to pay road tax either[:D][:D][:p].

Only joking matey, Jim.

·
Registered
464 Posts
IMHO splitting into two camps will detract considerably from the non-car related topics.

Would we have two "lounge" sections for example?

I think the current method of splitting out the MKV and MKIV sections yet combining all others under one roof is the best solution, that way people can discuss the different marks, yet still be part of a single community.

Remember when the site changed last time? - lots of people didnt like it, but to be honest - I cant even remember what the old site was like now. Im guessing lots of people may dislike the new site when it is unvielled - but Ill eat my hat if all those feelings dont dissappear after a couple of months.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Quote: posted by Felix on 11/02/2005 23:23:50

I think the current method of splitting out the MKV and MKIV sections yet combining all others under one roof is the best solution, that way people can discuss the different marks, yet still be part of a single community.

I totally agree Felix.

Its easy to ignore the MkV forum, I for one have been into it only a handful of times but ignore it for the best part.

·
Registered
464 Posts
It is actually very useful to have the two Marks seperated, yet remain in a single forum for other reasons too, there are a number of possible parts that members may want to discuss the possibility/feasibility of "swapping"..

·
Registered
808 Posts
I think the integrated forum is the way forward as the mkv is the continuation of the mkiv, so good on the admin for wanting to keep the integration going with the site, and can you improve on such a well organised setup?

·
Registered
752 Posts
I have to say that I quite like having the mkv's section. I have a mk4 and although not planning to change to a mkV (just got my mk4!) I feel it's good to have all the info at hand, esp. with the new GTi now out in the wild. It means that when/if the time comes to change I will have a good idea/knowledge on what to look for and where to go for more information...

just my 2p's!

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Quote: posted by Essex Escy on 12/02/2005 09:46:16

how will we notice?

Well think of the site in its current state like the dead of night, and the new site like a fresh spring afternoon [:D]

In other words it'll be a whole lot different - and don't worry we'll tell you all when its happening [;)]

1 - 20 of 26 Posts