Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...... Change my 4motion for an S3, bearing in mind I wont modify the S3 and I need to do some subtle mods to the 4motion (R32 ARB's, AMD remap, Ali Trim) to make it perfect. But If I buy the S3 I will have to leave it standard as I will be spending mod money on finance?

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I would also prefer the S3, at least you always have the option for a remap should you change you mind.

270bhp and 4wd!!

·
Registered
487 Posts
I agree. Id prefer the S3, but there is no way you can not modify the car. When i first purchased my car i said im going to leave it completely stock. Now ive changed everything except for the chassis!

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Keep the V6. I said I'd never mod the R32 but 6 months down the line and that dreaded bug has come back to haunt me! You'll never be able to keep the S3 standard[;)]

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
more of a dillema - I used to be a big modder - even hand built my own 205MI16

and then I stopped when I got my 306 GTI6 as it was perfect as it was, then I got a Honda Accord Type R and again never felt the need to mod it so I was just feeling that maybe Id bought the wrong car as I feel the need to mod it - and now I here that the S3 is just as much a modders car as the S3, any ideas of what I can buy that wont re-ignite the moddin bug? or is my wallet doomed forever?

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Andy, I think that sometimes we gotta accept that modding is in our blood mate. I've been messing around with cars for the last 20 years and just can't help myself. Keep the V6 fella. Steve.

·
Registered
10,630 Posts
S3 wins on style and class, but the engine noise (4cylinder) will be a real let down after coming from a V6. No matter what you do to it, the S3 won't sound like a V6. But that's my 2pence worth.. Engine sound is important for me (not necessarily yours too)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts