Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting back at work for an old employer in a week or so, and i will be getting a company van.

I currently have 2 cars, golf and my daily scenic. The golf already does very few miles, when i get my van it will be basically 0.

So should i keep the golf or would you get shut. The cash for selling the car would come in handy, but i dont owe any money on it and my insurance is relatively low(350per annum)

was considering letting the mk4 go and maybe p/x something like a mk2/3 golf as a long term project./trackslag thing

i want to kep my insurance on something so i dont lose my ncb, so i guess a project car would be ideal, as i coulkd ask for very limited mileage poilcy to make it even cheeper.

What would you do?

·
I ate a big red candle !!
10,384 Posts
Have you spent alot of money on your Golf?

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Its a tough one.. but why not use the scenic less and use the golf where you can..? im guessing children but still there must be somewhere you can use it.. again if you owe nothing and all you got is upkeep this makes it tough!!

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TSL ,the golf has been remapped,lowered ,312 brakes, plus all the usual timinbg belts ac recharge etc.

Golfin, the scenic is my bus for ferrying the kids about plus holidays etc, couldnt live without it, t i dont know if i could just park the golf up and use it even less.not sure i could justify the unused tax etc. hence why i was thinking of p/x another hot hatch posibbly just for track use.

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
for more many people people though chuff?
there was me my wife in the front and my brother in the back.

him and his mrs got lifts with others so they dint have to take their car. it can be done just have to pack things properly

go camping 5-6 times a year so expert now, hehe

1 - 20 of 35 Posts