Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys

bare with me in this one,i cant get cheap insurence on the rare indigo blue R32 at the stealers.But he has got arriving tommorrow a 150 Pd in indigo blue with leather recaro racing seats and nice stuff like that in it.its an ex demonstrator so should not be too much.(but has probably been ragged)

I have a 130 pd 02 plate with 6cd,cruise control and sports springs fitted,5 door and 20k miles.how much do you reckon the trade price on that is.i am quite tempted to trade in my 130 for the 150 cos i am already used to the power of the 130.i know i should just get it chipped but this 150 sounds really nice.i am test driving it in the morning.

Will it be much better than what i already have or is there much point forking out a few more grand for the 150.i know it will be quicker and handle better. the dealer already knows i am no foul when he tried to say that the sports suspension was an optional extra on the 150.

what do you lot think?

il see what its like and how much they want for it.they'l probably want silly money for it.if not il just get an anniversary i have found a silver one for 17K.its a shame they dont do indigo blue anniversarys!

let me know your opiniouns?

Thanks.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I suspect you could uprate your current car with the 'genuine' wheels, suspension for considerably less than the cost to change. Maybe the 150 has a few more toys and a bit more grunt, but I doubt if the performance differential would be worth the extra ££££ss. The jump in performance will not be anything like going from the 90bhp - 130pd. If your heart is set on the jump to a 150 then i'd definitely choose the Anni over a standard car, just my thoughts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i will drive it and see what its like.i have only ever had indigo blue 5 door golfs.but i saw a silver anni and nearly crashed! even my mum said it was a nice car!

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i am growing towards a silver anni.i think i would rather get a golf all modded up like that than spend money on modding one to look like an anni.

·
Registered
10,630 Posts
If you can stretch to it, I would recommend getting the Anni.

The Anni always looked spot on from scratch, with so many detail touches that makes it stand out from the pack (blacked out headlamps, black roof lining, chrome interior, unique wheels, powerful drivetrain, naughty exhaust pipe...).

Coupled to the fact that most Golf heads mod their cars by taking lots of ques from the Anni speaks volumes for what a great creation it was!

I absolutely loved my Anni, and still have fond memories of owning one!

Go for it mate! we only live once [^]

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
your right.i think a silver 150 pd is the choice to go for.if i could have had an R32 i would have had that right now.but the anni looks gorgeous.only down side is that it aint 5 door.if i got one then i would revo it and miltek exhaust it.

Whats different about the drive train and are they vented rear disks?

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Ian

I suspect you would be smitten with a boxed/chipped 130 - I am certainly one of those people.

BUT

Do you want to strive for the personalised car or are you cut from the 'pre-done' preference cloth?

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i know what you mean foxy.i am in two minds.what i would really want is the anni in indigo blue.or i could get this indigo blue 150 pd with the leather recaros and then make that look nice.but that will prob lose money on the mods when i sold that compared to the anni.oh what to do

·
Expression Intentionally Blank
1,132 Posts
Ian don't look at the car in respect of resale. If the Indigo Blue is your preference then the choice is clear. If on the otherhand colour is a side issue then you've gotta get the anni!

I used to have a reflex silver 4mo and after seeing Gti Fly's Silver R32 at the MK meet I fell in love all over again.(However I think Fly had his car shrink rapped before coming to the meeting-because it was gleaming and easily a full 5 drips on the drool-o-meter!).......................................git

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i am in two minds,i know i should really get the 150 pd what ever happens cos i have plans to make it a 1.8T golf eater.so if i did that on my 130 i would always be slightly down on what i could always have. i will see what the indigo 150 looks like and take some pics for you guys to look at.should look good with the black leather recaros.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Ian, personally I would go for the Anni.

These are my reasons:-

Unique car

Styling

Alloys

Limited run of cars

Residual values

Just my 2p, if you can afford it go for the Anni.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i can go for about 17k ish.so can just reach for one i will.iam just not growing to the red interior yet.theres a 150 anni in southampton that has grey interior.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here are the pics of the 150 tdi. 52 plate,3 door,reacaro leather heated seats,santa monicas,4500 miles,nice car.but how much do you reckong VW want to sell it for?

Posted Image

Posted Image

i do not want to pay that much for it.especially when he only offered 11750 trade for my golf.i am looking at an anni but thats even more to insure than the normal 150 tdi,il think il just stick to what i got and be patient!

by the way they want £19000 for the 150!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Yeah they bought the Anni out right after I bought my car.... I went into r=the stealers and asked how much they'd give me on mine and they said 11k cheeky g*ts had sold it me a couple of months earlier for almost 16k!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts