Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok im thinking of painting the santas black but not totally sure tbh... im putting black mirrors on and have black angel eyes and mesh in the caractere bumper.. the car is Flash Red.

Also im not sure on the finish either

Opinions.....

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Leave em! One of the nicest OEM wheels around i think... and the diamond cut on them makes them look stunning in motion too (which many wheels dont).. fine as they are!

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
I have had a similar dilema, I have reps that have corroded slightly, I was think of doing a 'Foxy' and getting them repainted, I was thinking about a grey (perhaps Platinum grey alla Curpra R).

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I personally think the wheels will merge with the tyres and look lost if you had them sprayed black, especially as the bodywork of your car is such a vivid colour. The only way it would work would be to have a polished lip on them, but i don't really see how this would be done on the Santa Monica design [?].

Polished lip or keep them standard IMO.

Now what would look sexy is a set of the wheels MikeTDI got import prices for [;)]. 9.5 wide at the rear would look so good on your car. You would get at least ?500 for the santa's, more depending on the tyre condition.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
What do you mean you're putting black mirrors on? As in black casing?

Am I the only one that thinks this'll look stoopid? Sorry....

Voted for black wheels though, would go nice with the other dark touches I think

·
Registered
415 Posts
Quote: posted by 02 Bora on 11/11/2004 13:05:08

any of these might help your decision:

Posted Image

now i swear thats not a 1.4! anymore info on this beast?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Quote: posted by 02 Bora on 11/11/2004 13:05:08

any of these might help your decision:

Posted Image

now i swear thats not a 1.4! anymore info on this beast?

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote: posted by Cat1.4 on 11/11/2004 12:20:50

Voted for black wheels though, would go nice with the other dark touches I think

Yes black lupo mirrors.... but they will be sprayed pearl as will theplastic bit that attaches it to the car.

No offense taken if its not your cuppa tea.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Quote: posted by Tim Sims on 11/11/2004 21:58:37

Quote: posted by Cat1.4 on 11/11/2004 12:20:50

Yes black lupo mirrors.... but they will be sprayed pearl as will theplastic bit that attaches it to the car.

No offense taken if its not your cuppa tea.

Hmm, still sounds a little strange to me - but whatever floats your boat. As long as you like it that's all that matters [:D]

But be sure & post some pics up when you're done so we can all see the end result.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts