Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right after cancelling my mk5 GTI order (and reqretting it)[B)], I have been offered a Red 5dr GTI[:D].

Should I....

·
Registered
811 Posts
where buy it and keep both cars? [:p]

Not sure Martyn.... i'd not sell the R, but the MKV is V nice.... whats the missus got? a 1.8t? If yes sell that

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
i really don't know!

both the r32 and the gti seem in the same league as far as i'm aware. have you seen the latest evo? once again, the gti is being rated amongst massively high power 4x4/RWD cars including a skyline, m5, exige etc. it seems they can't get enough of it.

id say flog the polo, get the gti and see which one you prefer! you never know, the wife may love it [:D]

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Martyn you can't sell the R, not to replace it with a Mk5 Gti (I think they are nice but still not as nice as the R)

I'm sure the wife would love a GTi in place of her Polo

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am warming to the fact that I might flog the polo....

Shame, its so nice - full vw body kit, 16" wheels etc. etc. etc....

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Does it make financial sense to have 2 very nice cars on the drive? For me it does not, so my car will go to be replaced by the MKV GTI (week 18). We thought about selling the wifes Ka and keeping my MKIV but financially it does not make any sense. So one nice for me and joint journeys and a shed for the wifes runabout, is the way we are going.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well the selling point for us is that he GTI has 5drs...

Looks like I will hang on to the R for a while - it will become the daily hack...

And after all R's are becoming worthless...

·
Registered
473 Posts
I would Martyn, but only if it was a 3 door, honestly the Red Gti's are gorgeous in 3 door, just really really don't think 5 doors look right.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Quote: posted by Martyn on 09/03/2005 15:59:27

Needs to be a 5dr donna.

[8D] still very lovely cars, me personally just not a 5dr person, but loads of folk need them, prefer them over 3dr [:D]

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Go for the 5dr if you want but get it in black. Red is nice in 3dr though.

If you can afford the R and GTI go for it but it not then it makes sense to lose the nice Golf and replace it with another nice Golf.

And by the way, you're a fool for not getting the GTI you were offered!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts