Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to a local volvo showroom today and found myself looking at a 02 plate black octavia vrs with 50k on it and a fssh, spoke to the bloke to see what he would offer me for my s reg 101k mk 4 gt tdi 110 and he offered me 4k for it which i thought was a good trade in price

the octavia was priced at 9k but i can get it for 7.5k as family works for the dealership i can get it for the buy in price so i would have to add 3.5k for a black 50k vrs what does everybody think[?][?]

·
Registered
256 Posts
i would keep the veedub m8, its a far better built and classy car.. everytime i see an octavia

i think of old people and taxi cabs...

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
The vRS is such a superb buy.

I wondered about living with a Skoda but as my Mrs has a Fabia i'm already part of the 'club'.

Have been using my Dads 53 plate Octavia Estate (PD130) this week and it's a great piece of kit.......a right hoot!!

The plastics are a little cheaper but with the vRS's you get trick leather seats and door cards plus ally trims......a total BARGAIN!!!!!

If you don't do too many miles, the saving on the car would easily offset the fuel premium.

Have a look on eBay.....there are usually a few on there.

I nearly bought a vRS Estate on a 04 plate IIRC......?10k with lowish miles!!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'd go for the vRS - for the money they are a bargain and I think handle very well. The spec is fairly high and as Foxy says if you don't do loads of miles the extra fuel shouldn't be too much of a problem.

·
Registered
766 Posts
my dads trading his vrs in on friday[:(], he was happy with it till we went to skoda for a laugh (and for a blast in a fabia vrs again[:I])and to see what it's worth and it had dropped big time in value.

he does very low mileage and his is heavy on fuel he's fed up putting fuel in it so he's going to a diesel.

don't get me wrong it's a excellent big car, just my 2p worth[:D]

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
fair enough mate, i would go to a fabia but i am a bike chap and i have a 2 year old boy and play golf so we all wouldnt fit in the motor i dont think

·
Registered
112 Posts
Im surprised, rather have a Skoda than the Golf?, im dissapointed...

Werent you taught at a young age not to ask stupid questions? Its the golf all the way

The Golf is a much better car, I couldnt care less if VW make skoda, Skoda are still poo poo and bloody ugly.

But, each to their own I guess. But just understand its the wrong option to take.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well today i went to test drive the car and was very impressed with the power handling (to a degree) and the outside look of the car but when we went out it needed fuel so while he was in the petrol station i had i poke about and noticed the lack of quality and solidness of the inside of the car for instance the elec window switch holder rattled, none of the roof handles had dampers and neither did the glovebox it just fell and nearly broke my knee cap, the use of space was poor and it just wasnt made well and as that would be the part of the car i would see the most it put me off it completly so i will be sticking with the golf and i think if i cange i will buy a 170bhp mk5 when they come out (fingers x'ed) or an 150bhp tdi anni

·
Registered
112 Posts
Excellent choice! Although I dont agree that the look of the car is good, but the most important thing is you arent making a mistake.

As regards to the Golf V, if you like that cheap plastic peugeot look then thats fine at least its a better car than the skoda. I was looking at getting the mark v, i just didnt like the way it looked personally. Neither did it seem as sporty as the mark iv which I decided on in the end.

As with all things for eg my cars (the Range Rover and the Golf) the newest one doesnt mean its the best one.......

Just make sure youre doing what you feel is right.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts