Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is not meant to sound Big Headed[B)]

But in 6 months time I will be in the position to keep my R32.

I am seriously thinking off parking it in the garage and keeping it. It will have approx 20k miles on it.

I would drive the wifes car and buy her an new car...

Am I mad?[:I]

Or will I just loose loads off money????[xx(]

·
Registered
52 Posts
The R32 is deffinately a future classic, its already a classic within its own time now!

You thinking keep it for sunny weekend blats and keep the dirty winter driving for a workhorse???

Probably a good idea, they will be highly-sought after models in years to come, especially unmollested ones so values may even go up eventually??? However, you may have to wait 20 odd years for it to appreciate any serious value....

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
I cannot see it making you money in the future. Very few Golfs are considered classics (MK I GTi excepted), the MKIV has a bad reputation except with enthusiasts so your market would be limited. However, if you want to keep it mint to give yourself enjoyment and keep for years, go for it.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Who says MK4s have a bad rep??? What other 5 yr old hot hatches with 90k on the clock sell for 7k+!! A 18T will!! Residuals are generally bullet proof for a family size car IMO.

If it can be bought cheap enough (is it leased?)I would say definately hold onto it.

·
Registered
581 Posts
i wouldnt have thought that the r32 would make any money seeing as vw will probably release a newer model in the next couple of years. As far as i know cars only really make money when they are the last of a certain type of car such as a cosworth but even they lost value when the focus rs came out.

·
Registered
666 Posts
ChrisB - Couldn't agree more.

Just drive the damn thing around like a loon until you:

a) Write it off.

b) Go bankrupt.

c) Can afford a 911/RS6

d) Become an old git that likes Volvos and diesels.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Quote: posted by sutherlandm on 14/10/2004 16:45:53

ChrisB - Couldn't agree more.

Just drive the damn thing around like a loon until you:

a) Write it off.

b) Go bankrupt.

c) Can afford a 911/RS6

thats what I'm gonna do, don't see any point in trying to keep it perfect with hardly any miles on it. I bought it to enjoy.

·
Registered
637 Posts
NOPE!!

I think you shouldn't keep it and give it to me instead...lol

Put it this way IF I was you and could afford to have an R as a summer car I bloody well would!!

C

·
Registered
3,199 Posts

WOAH!!! Hold it!!!

I'm kinda Old....true

I wouldn't call myself a git.....false

I don't like Volvos....false

I like diesels tho!....true.

For a minute i thought you were talkin about me!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Quote: posted by Foxy on 14/10/2004 17:57:47

I don't like Volvos....false

For a minute i thought you were talkin about me!

Someone mention me??? [:I]

·
Registered
134 Posts
I would personally keep the car but not to with the idea to keep it locked up in garage! Keep the car and use it after all thats why you bought it right? Although I can see your point about keeping it mint, but realistically is this really going to happen even if you only used the car in the summer months.

Just my opinion. [:D]

1 - 20 of 22 Posts