Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right, this is my first post on the forum! I have a mk4 130 tdi wrapped in candy White which is currently sat on a set of Jamex lowering springs but the car just doesn't look low enough! I have the car on 18's and really want to drop it lower but I do a lot of driving and often into housing estates and areas with speed bumps. The jamex springs clear bumps just fine but I'm worried that if I switch to coilovers I may struggle. If I make the switch, jom's will be my weapon of choice as I am on a budget! What drop can I achieve and still keep a driveable car?

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
I don't think I need to read what you've written. The answer is yes [Y]

(Having just read what you've written, you can just get coilovers and set them to the height you require, plus better handling. JOMs ftw.)

·
TEAM 88 MOTORSPORT
8,901 Posts
Looks good in white with black wheels.

I still dont get why its funny :)....he said it was already lowered in the first post
Stop thinking too hard...Its only a comment! I hope you didn't loose sleep over it! [:O]

OP...Car looks perfect mate. I was driving at the fact that some people call 20mm lowered that was all. Seems to me your heading towards the sump rubbing club with quite a few other members[Y] If you've not bust a sump yet get it lowered some more [:D]

·
Registered
234 Posts
lol I don't lose sleep becasue of forums...well not any more lol.

I might lower mine some more soon depending how it looks on its new wheels when they come. I had a butchers at the ARB clearance, I have a fair bit if room I think. How much space when the car is parked should there be roughly to avoid contact whilst driving? I appreciate that it might need adjusting up if too close....but where is a good starting point?

Stu

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
you can go lower, but the stock front antiroll bar can hit the drive shafts if you got too low.

Stu
I currently have my JOMs wound down as low as they will go and rolling on stock 15" alloys the driveshaft is about 20mm away from the hoop of the standard ARB. Goes fine, no rubbing but there is a fair amount of tension on the droplinks...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts