Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm after getting a set of 19" bbs lm's i've looked and looked for second hand sets but no luck so iv'e come to the conclusion its got to be new ones but to the bad news bbs have recently put up their prices! as if lms weren't expensive enough!

but i am now split between 3 decisons- i got miss quoted a price of a company for a set so he will do them with toyo t1s for ?2700

or a company in germany can do them for ?2380 all in with nankangs but exchange rate costs would have to go on top!

or i copuld refurbish my current set of alloys and save a lot of money (sensible option) what do you reckon?

car currently looks like this .....

Posted Image

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
or you could buy my gunmetal colour kahns to match your colour car and dark theme nicely [;)]

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its got r32 brakes on it so minimum 18" alloys

cant get the wheels any cheaper than ?2700 in the uk as they guy quoted me ?2500 but then came back saying rrp is ?3k now so he would meet half way and do them for 2700

its expensive but lm are the daddies!

and i have done everything else to the car i want so the wheels are the last thing!

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
keep the ones you have mate.

maybe get the centres coloured?
was thinking black centres with polished lip but if i did do that i would go for gunmetal with a polished lip i think!

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
you can fit 17's over the R32 brakes just for reference santa monica's fit as do tt comps. Trust me I'm not a doctor [:D]

Have you tried DPM or was that the people that messed you about ?

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i have tried dpm who were very helpful but the people who are doing them for ?2700 are cheaper only because they made a mistake with the price!

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i may have found a cheap (well i say cheap more reasonable!) set of bbs lm 18" and then could use my current tires on them then get mine refurbished and see what i prefer do you think 18" will look ok or go for the 19"???

·
Registered
438 Posts
I could think of much better things to spend ?2k on!
Got to agree. Dont get me wrong, I realise that BBS LM's are indeed the daddy of all wheels, but spending 2k+ on a set of wheels is just beyond me! Thats a lot of money that could be spent elsewhere.

Peter

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well i have bought a set of wheels but they are 19" axis milanos off flea bay bit of a bargain with tyres and right fitment saw them about a year ago on a website on a jetta in the us of a and really liked them so couldn't turn them down at the price but they will ned a refurb! but i have also reserved a set of 19" lm's (in time for inters) as well but i dont think i will be able to afford the petrol to pick them up!

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
no its local to me (msw uk manchester branch ones that misquoted me!) just that i have used up every last penny i own to get them!

cheers for the concern though!

so looking forward to inters now car comes out of bodyshop on friday and will be picking up wheels its all falling into place!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts