Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of painting the grille and blacking the B pillar.. what do you reckon?

Before:

Posted Image

After:

Posted Image

Cheers

·
Registered
17 Posts
I quite like the look of that all black grill but don't think the pillar in black looks right. Thats just my opinion though, if you like it go for it.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Yeah the B-pillar doesn't work for me either.

The black grille look might look more effective with the black aftermarket headlights like R1GTI sells?

Its going in quite a Vortexy direction. You'll be having a visible FMIC and smoothed bumpers next![:D]

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Go for both Scott.  It's different and I think it looks alright, as long as the pillar is painted well.  I like the look of some of those "vortexy" cars, as james said, they are unique and different from the rest of the pack.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I'm gonna go against the grain and say yeah to the pillar and ney to the grill. The pillar would look better if the windows are heavily tinted

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
deffo the grille, but NOT the b pillar, no no no noooo!!
Sorry, but I also agree.....[:$]

The B pillar in black might look good if you had mega dark tints... it would make it look pillar less [:)]

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I think I'll get a spare grille and paint that, and some vinal and do the pillars, I can alwasy take either off then... Cheers for the comments!

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Would you not just throw a tin of black paint over it and be done with it!? [;)]

Ditto on the pillar and ditto on the grille...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.