Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just playin with photoshop a bit. Tinted the windows and changed the rear clusters for some US GTI clusters. Also moved the wheels out at the rear to simulate my rear spacers to go on when I sort them out.

What do you think? Not massive I know but I like subtle mods?

Now (at E38)..

Posted Image

Shopped...

Posted Image

PS, yes im bored atm before anyone says it!!!!

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Tim, I have the US clusters on mine with the debadged rear end. Looks much better IMO. US lights work well on Indigo Blue.

From the pics, that will look superb mate, DI IT !!

EDIT. What is the %tint on that pic mate, looks just right ?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you have any pics of your car with these lights on + where did you get them from?

Cant say on the tints question, it was just darkened using photoshop. Id probably plan on 35% all round, although im worried it may be too dark. Im hoping someone at the Bluewater meet can show me 35% so I can decide.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep.. I intend doing exactly the same.. and I have your old wheels too.. bizarre ! [:D]
Obviously good taste [;)]

I was thinking of changing my wheels for some Rial Nogaro's at the weekend, cant decide what I want these days! I need deeper pockets [:(]

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Yep.. I intend doing exactly the same.. and I have your old wheels too.. bizarre ! [:D]
Obviously good taste [;)]

I was thinking of changing my wheels for some Rial Nogaro's at the weekend, cant decide what I want these days! I need deeper pockets [:(]
Indeed ! I just gotta find some us gti rears now.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Whats a good size spacer to get for VW's?
If you don't want to affect the handling, run 10mm spacers front and rear. Even though 20mm spacers look great, it's very noticeable. I run 10mm spacers front and rear on my R32 so the front wheels can fit over the ECS Tuning Cayenne calipers. It has had minimal impact on the handling.

HTH

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have you had any problems with your spacers? being 10mm I presume they are non hubcentric on the rears?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No problems with them at all. They sit between the hub and the wheel (assuming that's what you mean by "non hubcentric")
Do they have a lip on one side for the wheel to sit on to locate it whilst to put the bolts in, (like the hub has) or are they completely flat on both sides, which kinda hides the lip on the hub making it an arse to put the wheel on?

I presume they flat because I did'nt think you could get the ones with the lip to fit on the back of a MK4 under 15mm?

·
Registered
46 Posts
They have a lip on them to locate the wheel while you line up the bolt - made by H&R in Germany. Pic attached of the front fitted with the ECS brake upgrade

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They have a lip on them to locate the wheel while you line up the bolt - made by H&R in Germany. Pic attached of the front fitted with the ECS brake upgrade
Ahh. H&R ones...Best ones you can buy IMO but you pay for it!

They are some awesome looking brakes you have there! V nice!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ahh. H&R ones...Best ones you can buy IMO but you pay for it!

They are some awesome looking brakes you have there! V nice!
Think the set of four, plus the longer wheel bolts and McGard locking bolts were ?130 from memory, so not too bad.

Thanks - they need to be the amount the whole setup cost for the front Stage 5 and rear Stage 1 conversion, although I did the upgrade to stop the car, rather than for looks. Check www.ecstuning.com if you are interested in the upgrade. Braking is totally awesome - a bit like having your spleen forced through your nose when you have to go from 70 to zero on the M3 because some turnip has just pulled out in front of you... [:mad:]

·
Registered
157 Posts
Tints look good, my 20v is the same indigo blue colour and i was trying to work out if i should go with a tint or not. You may have just talked me into it !

As for the rear clusters, have you weighed up having the euro look ones ? RCRR, i have them on mine and they look really good. Ive also colour coded my front and rear VW roundel badges and removed the Gti badges off.

I`ll post a pic later if anyones interested

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Do you have any pics of your car with these lights on + where did you get them from?

Cant say on the tints question, it was just darkened using photoshop. Id probably plan on 35% all round, although im worried it may be too dark. Im hoping someone at the Bluewater meet can show me 35% so I can decide.
PM'd ya mate !! Reference lights.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Tints look good, my 20v is the same indigo blue colour and i was trying to work out if i should go with a tint or not. You may have just talked me into it !

As for the rear clusters, have you weighed up having the euro look ones ? RCRR, i have them on mine and they look really good. Ive also colour coded my front and rear VW roundel badges and removed the Gti badges off.

I`ll post a pic later if anyones interested
Get some pics up mate, would like to see what they look like.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts