Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If VW agree to replace the car, I am considering a colour change. I like the diamond black that I have now but the paint is so soft that it just chips and dents - its a bit disapointing IYKWIM.

One of the many loaners that I've had recently was a dark pearl or metallic blue - is that called shadow blue or is it laser blue ?

Has any one got any pics of the cars in that colour please ?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Black - fantastic looking when you've just cleaned it, unfortunately that last for about 5 mins before it's bloody dirty again!  You probably wouldn't have that problem so much with a blue.

·
Registered
132 Posts
You should without a shadow of a doubt go for silver this time.

It is far superior in all aspects.

It is the colour of choice for manufacturers' main brochure shots..............

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my wife's BMW is silver grey so that puts steel grey out. My BMW was silver and so was my 1.8T so thats that out too.

The blue I like turns out to be shadow blue..but is it better than black ?[*-)]

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
What about Grey (is it Steel Grey?). Looks good when polished up and won't show dirt too much.
Youd have to colour code where required - it's a must with steel grey [:)]

It will hide a lot more tho definitely, as would the silver mentioned
above (not sure if Silver looks as good on the mk5 as it did on the 4
tho)

C

·
Registered
476 Posts
tsk, black is the new reflex silver (uh?[:S])

I like the grey as well. I don't think the silver looks as good on the MKV either, someone posted yesterday about their new body kit and it was 'blue' maybe give you a better idea rather than the brochure if that makes sense (sort of 'real' pics).

I would go for the grey. Some of the colours only look good on the GTi (like the black and white imo), maybe it's the grill that helps.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I HAve a Laser Blue one which I love the colour of. I don't think that they are doing that colour now, as I think I read on here that it looked too similar to the blue of the R32. I don't have a picture of mine but I found one at my local dealer at home. Hope it helps.

Car Image

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I had a steel grey Golf for a month which I rejected. It looked smart in sunny weather but really dreary when cloudy. I got the same spec car again, the only thing I wanted to change was the colour.

If you are certain you don't want black then consider blue graphite, a really classy colour and not too common, someone on here has one. col.mc???????

I don't think diamond black chips any easier than other colours or looks dirty quicker either.

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cheers Gerry - laser is too light for my tastes.

I'm not certain I don't want black again, I just thought as I'm changing it, should I change the colour too ? Such a tough life eh ?[:)]

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Damian as you know i had Silver for about 6 weeks and now have black. Wouldnt change it for any other colour[Y]

I will live to regret that statement[;)]

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
my neighbours already think i'm sad with the amount I clean the car - imagine what i'd be like with a white car[:|]

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Black is such a gorgeous colour when clean... you just can't get that spanky out of the showroom deep gloss with silver from waxing like you can with black.

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i nearly went for steel grey last time but wasn't overly keen on them as everytime I went to the showroom it was dull outside

1 - 20 of 38 Posts