Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well a certain memeber of this forum is planning to modify his new anni!![B)]

And we are talking major bodywork mods[B)].

So do you feel the anni should be left un-modded, after all only 1200 or so where made??

Or do you think he should go ahead a b*stardise it??

BTW this is a friendy poll - just to show this certain member the error of his ways[:eek:)][:I]

·
Registered
712 Posts
Leave Bodywork alone methinks... However, brakes, suspension ARBs[;)] are acceptable!! hehe

If bodywork is going to be done, and as well as the recaros, what else is different between an anni and a standard GTI PD150? Maybe that would be a better (and perhaps cheaper) choice thus freeing up money for the bodywork (and a deposit for a house!)

·
Expression Intentionally Blank
1,132 Posts
If I still had my Anni then I wouldn't mod it except w8/bora vents et al. Having said that If "this person" mods their's then that will make the Anni more rare.

If done tastefully I see no problem with it as this particular Anni will be MOST rare!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I think modding the bodywork is fine if it's a twist on the original styling; e.g standard wheels with spacers, lowered, smoothed all round and debadged etc.. Aftermarket bodykits changing the look totally though would be wrong IMHO.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree performance wise just go for it...

But I am not sure about B*stardising the bodywork.....

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
I really think the bodywork should be left standard, it looks perfect as it is so why change it? You are just gonna devalue a piece of VW history IMO.

I certainly wont be modding the bodywork on mine, been there and done that with my old MK4!

Things I plan to do include:

1) ARBS

2) S3 Upper and lower strut

3) Retrofit xenons (to retain the black headlamps)

4) Revo

5) Rear spacers (15mm)

And when funds allow:

1) Suspension

2) Petrol rear valance and Milltek

That will do for me [;)]

·
Registered
771 Posts
Talked about this the other day with a couple of fellow forum members - you know who you are! [:p]

After much consideration I've decided that the bodywork should be left alone.

So no smoothed "Tangello" Pimp My Ride style Anni for me [B)]

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
well its not sem and his new anni and there is only one other person I know of planning to buy an anni - so whats he planning to do to it?

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Sacrelige! I don't think the bodywork should be modified at all on the anni's they look great already. Though I do think lowering and spacers (which I plan to do) are acceptable.

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Lads lads lads lads...... <beckons over with hand>

Mods like those listed are not meant to offend, and if you are worried about devaluation on said vehicle then maybe you should be aware that if this person was to do it then every modification would be fully reversible [;)]

Besides, its going to be very, very intersting... A nice departure from the norm [:d]

·
Registered
274 Posts
Everybody I know said the same thing about my V5 but I wouldnt chabge back now.

'spose an anni's a different ball game though. I say leave it be. Annis are gorgeous and can be spotted from any other golf from any distance.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts