Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, does anyone know where I can find short throw shifters for my mk4? The transmission feels stiff when I LITERALLY chuck it in to gear, especially 1st even when the clutch pedal is to the floor. I'm hoping a short throw as well as replacing the plastic transmission bearing will help with it a lot, but I can't find any and don't want to order one that won't work if it's from a different car. Also looking to get a different gear knob (push down) any MacGuyver tricks with a non specific one? The stock one is ugly imo. Any advice is welcome, thanks.

·
Registered
11,319 Posts
and do a gearbox oil refresh... god knows how long it's been in there... lifetime for the manufacturer means max 10 years... ( even less for some other manufacturers) so if youu don't know when it has been done just replace it.

·
Registered
11,319 Posts
when the engine is at operating temperature,remove the fill plug first, than the drain plug... there is a how2 section on the forum use that as it is in there.. tip use the index-topic in that section so you can quickly find what you need.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts