Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am thinking of getting a kit to reduce the throw in the gear stick. are these any good, if so which one. thanks...

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Never tried short shift on a Vw , have tried them on E36 M3`s , Z3`s etc... and i wasnt impressed. Very clunky, quite stubbern gear changes, and felt rubbish IMO. But obviously Bmw`s have a totally differant set up. Id like to hear any feedback on this also... 

·
Banned
4,570 Posts
found the dieselgeek to be too "extreme" ie too short and did not feel right (personally) i got the TT short shift on mine which is inbetween stock and the likes of dieselgeek.

·
Registered
398 Posts
found the dieselgeek to be too "extreme" ie too short and did not feel right (personally) i got the TT short shift on mine which is inbetween stock and the likes of dieselgeek.
Likewise I have a TT one too....personally think it shortens the throw just the right amount....(although I haven`t tried any others)....and for ?20 ish from an Audi dealer you cant really fault it....[:D]

Starry....if you haven`t got one by then...can always try mine at C/Combe......[Y]

Nick

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Does anyone have a part number for the audi one? And is it a straight swap or are there other bits that need to be changed/modified? I have a 130PD.

·
Banned
4,570 Posts
nothing wrong with the DG short shift just that i prefer the TT one - rolling around town where I am always changing gears, i find the TT one more "comfy"

·
Mk4 for 13 years
993 Posts
Hmm. I have the dieselgeek 6 speed sigma shifter. I like it but the g/f doesnt like it too much. Is there a part no for the TT one and is it still just around ?20? Would it fit a 6 speed diesel?

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
I have the Dieselgeek 6 speed Sigma and love it.

I drove a standard MK4 a few weeks ago and couldn't get used to the long throw on gear changes [:O]

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have ordered the TT shifter from Audi steelers in Basingstoke, it was supposed to be here on wed gone but alas no phone call, as soon as its in stock i will post details on here.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Are these easy to fit?
Also will the Basingstoke Audi Stealers get an number of them in or will i have to go an order one as well? I am going to get mine from the new dealer there as well.
I will wait for the part number!

·
Registered
18 Posts
just wondered if anyone has fitted the Neuspeed short shift kit? I've got a 99 V reg Gti T and having read the above may consider the Audi one. Cheers [:)]

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.