Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or half moon. Put some rubbish out tonight and spotted the moon was out so I had a quick crack at a pic using my 70-300mm lens. What do you think for first attempt?

Manual

300mm

ISO 100

1/10"

F20

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Awesome pic mate!! The best I can do is this [:S]

Posted Image

My cam (Fuji fine pix S304) simply isnt suited to taking pics of this sort as you can see from the over exposed out of focus white blob [:(]

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my new desktop, cracking pic what camera did you use?
Hi Kirade, I took the pic with my Canon 300D using a Sigma 70-300mm DG Macro lens.

Is this any good Tabs? This one has not been sharpened or anything, so you may want to run it through photoshop.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

My first couple of shots were like yours Paul, so i just shortened the exposure time.

Thanks for the comments.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Funny i tried the same thing tonight!

I didnt tinker around too much tho and should of used my camera, as it werent 'alf shaky at 12x zoom!!

I was amazed when i got them on the PC, as like yours, the detail is amazing.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi Kev
Just suggestions for future ref. For a start use 400 ISO that will give you an extra 2 stops to play in shutter speeds, 1/10 of a sec is slow enough to make the pic looks a little soft, due to the rotation of the earth, coupled with the magnification of the lens.
You also dont need an aperture fo f20, something nearer 5.6 or 8 will be fine.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Heres one I did tonight ... not quite as impressive, but still took an age!! ISO 100, f11, 1/125:

Posted Image

Found it a lot harder to get a decent shot than I thought it would!!

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Here's my attempt [:$]

Erm, ISO 100, F8.0, 1/10, 190mm, ND8, wrong white balance hence a blue moon (?[:S]),
and two things are clear: (1) I ain't got nuff zoom and (2) the startling difference in low
level output between my LCD and CRT is beginning to irritate me. One of them is wrong,
or they are probably both wrong but one of them much more so than the other. I'm going
for a walk...

P.S. I tried to tart it up with some illumination effects as well.

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Finaly got my camera to take a decent moon pic.....

Posted Image

[:p] Ok!! I didnt really take that but I discovered it on this site www.rc-astro.com and thought how well the enhanced colours show the details of the Moon! More info on the pic here There are some excellent astro pics on that site! well worth checking out [:)]

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Some fandabydosy pics here. Really makes me want to take up photography. Well done peeps.

PS - The 1st pic is my desktop pic now too. It really is an awesome photo. Thanks mate. [:D]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts