Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know whats happened to him, I havent seen a post from him on here for weeks?

Used engoy reading his stupid topics and even some of the technogeek stuff too [:S]

·
Super Moderator
3,497 Posts
I was wondering the same. I seem to remember him talking about flights and going away but that was ages ago.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
maybe he is in post whores rehab? or he has eaten too many kebabs/currys and can now not reach his keyboard to type...

or more likely he realised there was more to life than posting on UKmkivs and has found something new to entertain himself or is actually doing work whilst at work rather than spending his time on here? Just a couple of theories..

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Last time I saw Shiuming was at the Slough meet back in October... haven't seen him online since....[:^)]

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats nothing to be ashamed of.

My first ever year working I went to the xmas party and the MD was a devout christian so i turn up all smart and well behaved, only been there a couple of months so I'm trying to eat nicely and not drink to much.

Just finished my soup and the next thing i know theres a bread roll flying past my head, and it was the MD, thus insued a huge food fight with the whole company and then other companies started getting involved, it took about an hour before the staff dared to bring the sesert course out.

Was a great laugh.

Anyway i hope he comes back on soon, i have loads of geeky questions that need answering

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hmmm i guess so, but surely amoungst friends if apologies are made then all is good.

Lost count the ammount of drunken falling outs go on between my mates, as long as your genuinely sorry then its all back to normal.

Obviously i dont know the "ins and outs" of this situation though.

Maybe you should PM me if im making a ass of myself or making somebodys upset worse. If i am then sorry, i'll shut it now [:D]

·
Registered
249 Posts
if its a mutual bit of fun, then fine. If someone is upset by an insult, then its different I guess
It was my birthday 'celebration' actually, unfortuately one of Shiumings friends was extremely out of order, being abusive and threatening, so hence she ended up wearing what should have been my birthday dinner. Is mildly amusing looking back at it now, but not really the 'happy' birthday i would have liked! However, none of us blame Shiuming for this event, you can't be responsible for someone else's lack of manners, brains etc.....it would be good to hear from him again soon.[:D]

·
Super Moderator
8,768 Posts
Hopefully this doesn't mean an end to Shiuming posting here? Hope not - judging from his previous posts and willingness to help, he seems a top bloke.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah in the past he has always been a top chap and i agree you cant be held resposible for your friends actions.

I think he is friendly out of the forum with Mo and a few others? Maybe one of them could point him the direction of this thread, and we could use it as an official welcome back Shiuming thread?

I for one am missing the pics of new foods to try and how else am i supposed to find out about new gadgets?

·
Registered
674 Posts
if its a mutual bit of fun, then fine. If someone is upset by an insult, then its different I guess
It was my birthday 'celebration' actually, unfortuately one of Shiumings friends was extremely out of order, being abusive and threatening, so hence she ended up wearing what should have been my birthday dinner. Is mildly amusing looking back at it now, but not really the 'happy' birthday i would have liked! However, none of us blame Shiuming for this event, you can't be responsible for someone else's lack of manners, brains etc.....it would be good to hear from him again soon.[:D]
Remind me never to
a) Go out for Dinner with Lisa B
b) Eat a curry in St Neots - I could never waste a good ruby over somebody

·
Super Moderator
3,497 Posts
Well I hope this curry incident is not the reason he's not been around. I don't know what went on but unless he was directly responsible he should in no way feel responsible and I hope he recovers from any embarrassment soon.

IMO Shiuming is a very well respected member of this forum and I for one hope to see him back asap.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
We NEED shiuming back. If he's hiding because of some incident on a drunken night out, then that's silly, and if he did what I'm making out, absolute class!!! [:D]

I'll try and think of a way of getting him back which he would probably like.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Well I hope this curry incident is not the reason he's not been around. I don't know what went on but unless he was directly responsible he should in no way feel responsible and I hope he recovers from any embarrassment soon.

IMO Shiuming is a very well respected member of this forum and I for one hope to see him back asap.
Ditto and ditto PJ ! And for that reason i'm gonna text him, call him a big wussy girl and tell him to get his backside back onto the forum ! [:D] [H]

EDIT : Done. "Your forum needs you" lol [:)]

·
Super Moderator
3,497 Posts
We NEED shiuming back. If he's hiding because of some incident on a drunken night out, then that's silly, and if he did what I'm making out, absolute class!!! [:D]

I'll try and think of a way of getting him back which he would probably like.
Send him a free ticket to your raffle![:)]

1 - 20 of 113 Posts