Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out what I got delivered today! He said he would send me a 'pack' as a sample. This is one BIG sample. Very very generous bloke who's having a few drinks (or at least a meal out) on me!!

Someone PLEASE tell me how much one of shiumings meals normally come to.

Anyway, check this lot out. I don't know what he's going to tell me to do with it yet as he's said I'm not allowed to eat it until he says [:D]

Basically came from me saying super noodles are nice and all noodles are the same!

Even got me some chopsticks!! [H] I think it's only fair, in true shiuming style to provide pictures of the gourmet!

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, couldnt resist, was hungry anyway and had them staring at me. Sure I haven't done what I am supposed to do.

However, they were very very nice, and nothing like supernoodles! I had the beef ones and seriously, much better than anything we can get. Like I say, was probably supposed to do something fancy with it, but had some tuna with it.

Looking foeward to the rest!! I haven't done it justice in the pic either! What's the score with making something look good?!?

For shiuming:
Posted Image

Noodles were honestly lovely. I need to know where to get these from.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dude!! some of them you need to use the soup you cook it in

i cant eat them dry

oh well hoped you enjoyed[:D]
Did I do it wrong then?! My theory was how would you eat the soup stuff with chopsticks! Don't worry though, it didnt go down thew drain, I drank some of it, was too nice to waste!

I did enjoy it, even if it was wrong! Shiuming, where are you?!?!

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Makes me wanna go to wagamama's ! [:D]

I HAD to check out their site..

Yum.. Chilli Chicken Ramen - "noodles in a spicy pork and chicken soup topped with a marinated grilled and sliced chicken breast, fresh chillis, sliced red onions, beansprouts, coriander, spring onions and a wedge of lime"

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
dude!! some of them you need to use the soup you cook it in

i cant eat them dry

oh well hoped you enjoyed[:D]
Did I do it wrong then?! My theory was how would you eat the soup stuff with chopsticks! Don't worry though, it didnt go down thew drain, I drank some of it, was too nice to waste!

I did enjoy it, even if it was wrong! Shiuming, where are you?!?!
Confucious say "silly man from west country - he try eat noodle soup with chopstick" [:p] [;)] soz G i'm only messin !

I think you are allowed to drink the soup with a spoon mate !

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
oh no you didnt !!!!
Wagamama's is wicked, the chilli chicken ramen is nice although it reminds me to much of chicken bolognaise.
My faves have to be

Side order of
Duck Gyoza (five deep-fried duck and leek dumplings. served with a sweet hoi sin sauce)
or
Ebi Katsu (deep-fried king prawns in panko breadcrumbs. served with a spicy red chilli and
garlic sauce. garnished with a lime wedge)

Then

Chicken Katsu Curry - (chicken fillet deep-fried in panko breadcrumbs, served with a light curry sauce and
japanese style rice garnished with a combination of mixed leaves and red pickles )
or
Ginger Chicken Udon - (teppan-fried udon noodles with chicken marinated in ginger, garlic and lemongrass.
served with snow peas, red onions, beansprouts, chilli, egg and spring onions. garnished with red ginger and fresh coriander)

All washed down with lots of green tea [:D]

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
LOL @ this thread [:D]

Been out all day on a nightmare job and then gotta go straight to college after work so won't be on-line proper until late, but can I just say:

However, they were very very nice, and nothing like supernoodles!
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaahahahahaha! [:D][:p]

Now look at the pictures on the packets... the soup base stock supplied in each pack gives a reasonable approximation of the taste but I'm sure you can spend just a little more time to enhance your noodle making art. Get hold of some of the things shown on the pictures, you only need small amounts, so as not to overwhelm the noodles. Also get some fresh bean sprouts, and salad onion type things. The long green ones not the big round ones (damn it I can never remember which is which).

Posted Image

You should be able to find squid and seafood bits at your local Tesco as well, no problem there. If they have soy sauce, pick up a bottle of that, too. Another thing that would really enhance the noodles is (preferably dried) Chinese mushrooms. You might have to get friendly with your local Chinese take away to blag a few of these.

Posted Image

I'll be back later with some more info. Then when you're done with all this, spend a couple of weeks in Hong Kong and try some real noodles! [:p][Y]

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
oh no you didnt !!!!
Wagamama's is wicked, the chilli chicken ramen is nice although it reminds me to much of chicken bolognaise.
My faves have to be

Side order of
Duck Gyoza (five deep-fried duck and leek dumplings. served with a sweet hoi sin sauce)
or
Ebi Katsu (deep-fried king prawns in panko breadcrumbs. served with a spicy red chilli and
garlic sauce. garnished with a lime wedge)

Then

Chicken Katsu Curry - (chicken fillet deep-fried in panko breadcrumbs, served with a light curry sauce and
japanese style rice garnished with a combination of mixed leaves and red pickles )
or
Ginger Chicken Udon - (teppan-fried udon noodles with chicken marinated in ginger, garlic and lemongrass.
served with snow peas, red onions, beansprouts, chilli, egg and spring onions. garnished with red ginger and fresh coriander)

All washed down with lots of green tea [:D]
Chicken Bolognaise ?? Huh ? You've had weird ramen then, cos the one i've had was just like stir fry in soup ? But I managed to accidentally flick a tiny drop of the soup in my eye - chilli based liquid and eyes do not mix ! [cry]

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.