Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I've never been able to do nighttime shots until fairly recently (Tripod in the Jan sales, basically - holding a compact still in the dark is a big nono!), so having got it washed (AG Shampoo/Conditioner), rinsed (AG AutoRinse), dried (AG chamois), dried (Turtle Wax blade) and waxed (AG Extra Deep Shine, followed by High Tech Cleaning Cloth wipeover), it was starting to get dark. So a quick fly around to some new photo places revealed the following:

Entrance to JJB's
Posted Image

Homefield Garage (just round t'corner like)
Posted Image

Close up front view
Posted Image

That's the M25/Dartford/Dartford Bridge miles away in the background [:)]
Posted Image

Rear View - having just been thrown out of Darenth Park (not I wasn't naughty it was just lockup time [:(])
Posted Image

Side View
Posted Image

Super stealth [;)]
Posted Image

Loving the reflections this wax has given [:D]
Posted Image

What I used above the photos - the AG extra deep shine's given it a lovely finish though, and finished off with this High Tech Finishing Cloth thing (some sort of microfibre job it seems), it's got that glassy look, and super glassy touch as well. So much so, you can see even in the dark photos that it's reflecting off the paintwork quite nicely (hence I didn't bother editing them to brighten them!) Better not rain tonight, I won't be happy [;)]

Oh and exhaust tips, I've finally managed to get them sorted out (they were absolutely minging), Meguars (first time I've used them) Metal Polish and a scourer's done the job nicely. Didn't like having to use a scourer (I'm probably spelling that so wrongly!) on my baby, but the usual cloth/polish job wasn't even touching the crap that'd got on it. Still not PERFECT but I can work on them now [:)]

Comments on the car (or my photography) both good and bad as ever welcome. If it doesn't rain tonight, I'm gonna bump a couple of daylight shots up tomorrow. Full set of tonight's nightlight testing in the gallery (link in siggy)

Ta

C

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers mate, see you've been hard at yours recently too [:)]

The few I had like the one above (back end facing, headed towards d/ford) were probably the best pics of the day sadly [:|]

C

·
Registered
527 Posts
they good pics! wat mega pixel camera you use? take some in the light as well with reflections of trees/sky into your car. they look really good mate

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
4.1MP Fuji FinePix F440. I felt a Grade A Pillock with that on the tripod taking these pics, I can tell you!!!!!!!!!!!!! [;)]

C

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Your car looks great as always mate:

I washed my car also at the weekend, but after driving ten minutes down the road it was covered in road salt[:(]

I can't wait for the cold weather to go...

Keep up the good work Chris.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Very shiny car mate...definately loving those wheels more and more!!

Where abouts were you in Darenth Park? I live jus by the hospital there.

·
Registered
811 Posts
cool pics there mate!!

RS GOLF i saw you up hawley road again (sunday morning) lol, prob is, i never see you when i am in my golf, always when my boyfriend is driving his veccy hahaha

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I washed my car also at the weekend, but after driving ten minutes down the road it was covered in road salt[:(]

I can't wait for the cold weather to go...

Keep up the good work Chris.
Thanks Kev! [:)] That was 2 mins up the road, and i crawled up the
road about 15mph to try and keep the worst off of it for the first
set. The really dark ones though I dind't have much choice, driving
from Homefield to Darenth so the dark was quite handy lol [;)] I don't
mind the cold weather, it's when it's wet it's causing hell, the back
of the car wasn't readable before it was washed, and it'd only been 10
days [:'(]

Very shiny car mate...definately loving those wheels more and more!!

Where abouts were you in Darenth Park? I live jus by the hospital there.
They are lovely wheels, but being the stock ones the car doesn't stand
out and isn't as noticeable from the crowd (not that there's many
around our area, I know of 3, and one of them's a commuter through
Sutton/Darenth!). Still haven't decided whether to keep or change (I
change my mind ever week or so lol [;)]).

Didn't know you were local either mate, another person I'll have to keep an eye out for! [y]

looks good, son. Pic no6 is excellent IMO
Ta dad... yeah, the dark and shiny side on view wasn't bad. I prefer number two personally but hey [:)]

cool pics there mate!!

RS GOLF i saw you up hawley road again (sunday morning) lol, prob is, i never see you when i am in my golf, always when my boyfriend is driving his veccy hahaha
Heh cheers Liann, still haven't bloody clocked you yet, which is astounding I think... You still up here lots in your car, or is the bf always driving you now?? Admittedly I don't go past Mary's house unless it's v late at night (only reason is to go to Longfield and I hate that road unless it's dead!).

And how is it you always see Kev - I don't unless we're meeting up for something [:$]

C

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Nice one, shame you didnt get any day light images, I'm sure its blinding [H]

Im Loving the reflections in this shot too [Y]

Posted Image

·
Registered
811 Posts
loly eah i still go down hawley rd every night *rush hour [:(] my boyfriend past his test so he does come and pick me up on the weekends so i give my car a rest lol hence sunday mornings i usually see Kev going up to his sutton lol

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cheers Jace... Just stuck my head out the back door and taken a couple of quick naff ones to give you an idea:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Scuse the state of the garage door, that last photo makes it look worse than it is (the old dear's just seen it and told me off for posting a photo of it up - women [:cool:]).

The glassy affect is immense, and it feels as good as it looks [:$]

C

·
Registered
811 Posts
ckb, stop posting pics up of your lovely shiny golf lol, your making very jealous [:p]

if you post any more pictures up i'll be forced to drive up and leave my dirty golf outside your house for you to clean to those standards [;)] [:p]

lol

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ckb, stop posting pics up of your lovely shiny golf lol, your making very jealous [:p]

if you post any more pictures up i'll be forced to drive up and leave my dirty golf outside your house for you to clean to those standards [;)] [:p]

lol
ROFL! Sorry Honey [;)]

It'll sit out the front with the dirty polo, which is on next week's hit list to get clean... Did it a while back and it came up quite nicely, so I'm gonna give it a proper going over and see what I can do with it... You ever seen my old dear's bright green polo out and about?? (Sure we've had this discusison before!)

C

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
It'll sit out the front with the dirty polo, which is on next week's hit list to get clean... Did it a while back and it came up quite nicely, so I'm gonna give it a proper going over and see what I can do with it... You ever seen my old dear's bright green polo out and about?? (Sure we've had this discusison before!)

C
I remember that, I'll put money on it that it takes a fraction of the time it did before to get it to the same standard .....

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sehr gut [Y]
Cheers shiuming - great advice on the AG Ultra Deep Shine, such a fantastic finish [y]

Your car looks perfect! Im so glad my GTI will be black too [:)]
Cheers dude - I wondered if I'd regret black. It's a begger on the cleaning front, but it looks mint when it's all clean and shiny [:)]

C

1 - 20 of 20 Posts