Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive bought a shark fin aerial off ebay for my golf mk4 but im a bit scared to attempt to put it on, does anyone know how difficult it is to do etc. because i think it would look good, also would i need some kind of rubber seal?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well.. It's just like an aerial extension cable it comes with because I think all the electronics u need is already ther in the lining of the roof, but havnt got the balls to take my roof lining off incase I can't get it back right :/
Mine is different to that cjrobbo, mine is more of a short pointy one than a long one, urs looks good tho, alot smarter than the standard aerial! Did u fit it urself?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Well.. It's just like an aerial extension cable it comes with because I think all the electronics You need is already ther in the lining of the roof, but havnt got the balls to take my roof lining off incase I can't get it back right :/
Mine is different to that cjrobbo, mine is more of a short pointy one than a long one, urs looks good tho, alot smarter than the standard aerial! Did You fit it urself?
Yes mate just open the rear hatch and theres a small peice at the back of the head liner that just pulls off (i did it) from the left then the right and it just came off

Be carefull not to snap any of the plastic clips

Then just unclip the little clip that holds the rear of the headliner on,then just reached behind the liner and undone the nut on the aerial (DON`T PULL IT FAR) or you will mark the liner just enough to get your hand in

I cut a gap in a 22mm(Just edited this to 22mm) [:$] ring spanner to get passed the wires asked a mate to hold the aerial on the roof so not to mark the roof,that pretty much it

I`m sure theres probably easier ways to do it but that the way i did it goodluck cj[Y]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts