Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just upgraded my headlight bulbs on the Golf.

I went for the

6500K XENON HID Blue Tint Headlamp H7 (dipped) and

3900K Extreme White Xenon H1 (main beam)

Theyre a class job, far better than the standard bulbs that come with the golf, which are about as bright as a candle.

Those H7 ones give off a blue tint similar to HID headlights a lot of new cars are coming with. The Extreme White Xenon give off a really bright really intense white light.

They make a big difference, Id recommend them to anyone with a MkIV.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Yep, they are dogs arent they.[:D]

You just need some LED side light bulbs to complete the job now, see the GB section, 10quid I think I paid [^]

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can take some pics if ya want, but it probably wouldnt do them justice. Kinda hard to tell from a pic how good or how bright a light is.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Quote: posted by crad on 09/12/2004 18:44:20

where did you get the bulbs from, and how much plz

As per the thread title, they were supplied by 'Shaq' on here as he's the resident bulb supplier! PM him with your requirements for prices.

·
Registered
637 Posts
DID SOMEONE SAY BULBS???...hehe

Yup just say what your after and I'll get you some killer prices!

Cheers

C

·
Registered
638 Posts
Hey Shaq,

I currently use H4 Philips Vision plus bulbs, anything better in terms of light output than them? Or of course, if anyone knows where I can get the Xenon Housings for the Bora, that would be appreciated.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Hi Richie,

The set I offer out Extreme White Xenon's are very bright but probably the brightest bulb you can get that isn't a Xenon Kit etc are the awarding winning Silver Star's.

But for the price of a set of them you can get 2 sets of my Extreme White's!!

Cheers

C

·
Registered
303 Posts
I would recommend Shaq! I got his Bulb upgrade last minth and I LOVE them!! Really clear and bright.

And Shaq was a very good seller, no problems at all.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I got a set off shaqs supplier about a year before shaq started the group buys and it cost me more! needless to say, im so pleased with the lights that i got a spare set off shaq at the bargin price!

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
I wish I was able to see it on mine, but I tried once and can't even get near the bulbs.... they are stupidly hard to remove.. I can feel lots of wires, but not got a clue what I have my hands on ! Probably end up taking it to the garage to do it [:(!]

·
Registered
638 Posts
Thats interesting. I currently have a intrest in the angel eye housing for the bora, so need to work out costs etc. How much would I be looking at on those bulbs in H4's?

·
Registered
638 Posts
Yeah, but I want to work out what it would cost for the new housings with angel eyes, or jsut replace the bulbs in the current standard units. Thanks for your PM Shaq BTW.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Quote: posted by tylerama on 10/12/2004 14:40:51

I wish I was able to see it on mine, but I tried once and can't even get near the bulbs.... they are stupidly hard to remove.. I can feel lots of wires, but not got a clue what I have my hands on ! Probably end up taking it to the garage to do it [:(!]

Try dropping the bumper to get to the headlight units, took me less than 45minutes, there's a 'How To' guide knocking around on here somewhere. It isn't difficult mate and would save you money.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Quote: posted by Cluke on 10/12/2004 17:50:43

Quote: posted by tylerama on 10/12/2004 14:40:51

Try dropping the bumper to get to the headlight units, took me less than 45minutes, there's a 'How To' guide knocking around on here somewhere. It isn't difficult mate and would save you money.

45mins tops.......stuff paying the stealers to do it...very easy to remove bumper...

biggest tip...

put wheels on full lock to do one side, then full look in opposite direction to do other wheel arch, and make sure you use a sleeping bag on the floor incase it suicide jumps, or something else soft....

·
Registered
637 Posts
I offer a great fitting service in Southampton [:D] Costs a pint of Stella and a bag of SV ....lol

I find if you whip the battery out and do that side you've got loads of room and then you know where to feel on the other side

I'll be doing a "How To" one of these days!!

C

·
Registered
124 Posts
bugger! just tried to fit LED sidelights and dropped one of them into the engine bay, cant find it anywhere! how do I take the sump cover off cos I think its lying on it somewhere?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts