Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right ive sourced other parts but im stuck on oil 1.8t agu 160.000 miles serviced by vw but i want to do it myself this time whats best oil obvs you have castrol gtx, shell helix, mobil 1 im thinking 10-40w probably the best but what oil.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I bought a full service kit from the 501autocare guys off here, ordered the kit late evening and was with me on the Tuesday, full kit with Mobil 1 and OEM filters etc was £72 + Delivery (I think)

·
Registered
894 Posts
Pick up the VW special designed for your car at your local VW shop.

The cost to fill your tank of fuel is less than the service for oil that lasts 10 000 miles

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
get the vw quantum stuff
10w40 is "supposed" to better for higher mileage older cars according to my local garage not quite sure why when VW specs are 5w40..

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
okie dokes il get some at vw when i do my service :) this car going to think its birthday and christmas has come at once within next few months lol in total i rekon theres gonna be about 900-1000 spent on her but its all worth it then its just cosmetic stuff il be doing full r32 kit and wheels :)

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
hehe yea my car has had a few treats since i got it few months back, its addictive

my service light came on about 1000 miles ago, will be doing my first DIY service shortly also, good luck with urs! only thing im worried about is the oil filter change, but hopefully will figure it out as i go.

Then just need 2 find some1 2 code my new anni clocks in (4 cheap!) and will be booking in 4 remap in april
think will leave it at that, already spent more than i planned to

would defo recommend the k03s turbo, having had an AGU b4, this one feels bit nippier standard

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i also need to look at the turbo before i buy the ko3s as it boosts really well pulls well and it braided oil lines and that lol so best just to check it is the ko3 first hehe well ye i was planning on a remap next month but looks like im gonna have to put that into may now. as in april il be doing the service n exhaust and maybe front mount least then the engine will be healthy and ready for remap cant wait to be fair :) im happy i got a golf gti t rather than a subaru impreza subaru is just basic inside boring lol.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
hehe. .yea just try and make sure car is running well and all common probs fixed before You get remapped otherwise you asking for trouble

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thats were im off too yup :) hopefully il se 220bhp out of all the mods :) thats with de cat midsection delete scorpion backbox pipercross induction kit cold feed too ko3s turbo forge acuator forge 007p dv and front mount intercooler and custom remap :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.