Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just checked my service indicator and I got the message 'service now'. I had expected that it would actually indicate this in the function display without me having to check it, but thats another matter. Also, it's only just covered 9700 miles so seems a little premature. I thought my car had been set on flexible servicing option but appears not.

What I was wondering though, is do you have to have those crappy 1.0L cars that they always seem to use as loaners? Has anyone ever been given anything better? I dont fancy my 60 mile commute in a 1.0l Micra or something akin to it.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I've had other Golfs, a Bora and a Polo.

On your service it probably just needs reset correctly, there is a bug with mkV service indicators.

I certainly wouldn't pay for a service this early.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I just checked my service indicator and I got the message 'service now'.
Do u get a count down or a spanner everytime u start the car?? If not then its probs that u have done the procedure to check wrong, mine says service now if i do it wrong, but when doing it correctly says 11k or whatever it is untill the next service

Also i have had
1.2 polo
1.6 MKV
1.9TDI MKV

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just checked my service indicator and I got the message 'service now'.
Do u get a count down or a spanner everytime u start the car?? If not then its probs that u have done the procedure to check wrong, mine says service now if i do it wrong, but when doing it correctly says 11k or whatever it is untill the next service
Can you do it wrong? I put the key in but not turn it, press the trip reset and hold it down, turn the key to ignition but not start it. I dont get a spanner or a countdown, does the MkV do this?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Put the key in, turn until just before starting - put seatbelt on to stop chimes, press and hold trip reset and it should pop up.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Yes the MKV counts down from about 2000 miles, and yes u can do it wrongly as i have on many occasions lol

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Put the key in, turn until just before starting - put seatbelt on to stop chimes, press and hold trip reset and it should pop up.
lol, that did the trick, another 6600 miles to go yet...I was going to try and blag the GTI or new Passat for the day too. Kinda dissapointed now.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Wish I was that lucky with the loaners - my lot have got 1 golf and about 6 1.4 polos.

Will have to see if I can blag the GTI tester when mine gets done... ;)

·
Registered
638 Posts
I have only ever had polos for the day, gutless 1.2 petrols that corner like a bucket of cold sick. At least all polos have air con in so its not as bad as it could be, but not even remote central locking.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I am having door seals replaced and a side trim correctly positioned on Monday and have a Toureg Sports TDi as a loaner for 2 days.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I got a lawnmower (Lupo 1.4S) from Abridge Loughton. Its so light that you can feel the car rock when the wipers are on the fastest setting.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Not sure wha tI'll get now I have my Audi but when I was in a VW last year I had a range of cars from a bora Tdi 130 to a beetle convertable and the worst car they lent me was a 1.6 golf so not that bad really, not as nice as my R32 but hey better than a micra!

J.

·
Registered
257 Posts
car in for repairs, and have a 1.2 e55 polo, (yes, 55BHP), new model, used to have a mk1 punto witht he same Bhp and also about half the weight, and that was slow, this one is being thrashed unitentionally as performance is so poor! The other thing i have noticed is it is far more fidgety on country roads, probably as it is much lighter than the golf

1 - 19 of 19 Posts