Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Recently had the auto central locking function enabled at the dealers, (free of charge) since then cannot bring up on the MFD ,time / miles to next service etc.Could someone out there confirm that i am doing it right, ie put key in ign. do not switch on press mileage trip twice quickly

Thanks

·
Registered
894 Posts
Hi

Recently had the auto central locking function enabled at the dealers, (free of charge) since then cannot bring up on the MFD ,time / miles to next service etc.Could someone out there confirm that i am doing it right, ie put key in ign. do not switch on press mileage trip twice quickly

Thanks
Try, put key in ignition, turn to first position ( everything lights up ), wait for seat belt gong to finish. then press trip twice.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Try, put key in ignition, turn to first position ( everything lights up ), wait for seat belt gong to finish. then press trip twice.
Instead of pressing it twice I just hold it in until the Service time is displayed.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Instead of pressing it twice I just hold it in until the Service time is displayed.
Yes - you have to hold it for two seconds. The trip display will re-set to zero for a moment, then re-appear back to the original reading as the time/distance to service comes up at the same time.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Yes - you have to hold it for two seconds. The trip display will re-set to zero for a moment, then re-appear back to the original reading as the time/distance to service comes up at the same time.
Yes you're right.

I remember the last action was a ' two ' second hold rather than ' two ' presses !

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replys

But still no luck with the service details etc ,had no probs with it before i had the auto lock enabled

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mine does the same whatever way i do it, the trip counter gets reset and thats it, nothing else. Anybody else have this, does it mean anything is wrong with my car?

·
Registered
894 Posts
Hi Kenl

Apart from the trip going to zero and remaining on zero ,nothing happens
Did you have the auto-lock changed whilst having a service ?

If so it may be that as the service indicator was reset you may not have done enough miles for it to give a new forecast reading yet.

My experience was that it did not give, after service, an immediate read out until ' x' miles had been logged.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Hi Kenl

If so it may be that as the service indicator was reset you may not have done enough miles for it to give a new forecast reading yet.

My experience was that it did not give, after service, an immediate read out until ' x' miles had been logged.
Another thing to look out for is if you get the temperature warning bong when you do this then it won't work. In the recent weather perhaps that's what is happening?

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Hi Kenl

If that were the case, it would show up "---- miles to service", not show nothing - I think.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi

Tried again to-day and the service indicator came up mile/days etc , that was with ign on ,one press , and hold trip switch aprox 5sec.

Thanks for replys /help

ps car had not been in for service ,but for condensation in rear lamp clusters

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Hi

Tried again to-day and the service indicator came up mile/days etc , that was with ign on ,one press , and hold trip switch aprox 5sec.

Thanks for replys /help

Sorted [:)]

Was there much condensation? Did they replace them?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Hi

Thanks for replys /help

I'm willing to wager it was because you had no temp warning today?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Tried it again today using the ign. on and press once then press and hold for few seconds and it worked for me. Told me 8700 miles or 691 days to service so with 4371 miles on the clock the service is due around 13K miles. Does this sound ok for the first service? Cheers all for the replies.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Kenl

The dealer did not replace the lamps, all they did was check seals gromitts etc to make a report for vw as yet there is no recall although they know there is a problem with some mkv with this niggle ,depending on the weather some days the misting is bad but seems to clear fairly quick

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Tried it again today using the ign. on and press once then press and hold for few seconds and it worked for me. Told me 8700 miles or 691 days to service so with 4371 miles on the clock the service is due around 13K miles. Does this sound ok for the first service? Cheers all for the replies.
Not really! What model is it? What type of driving are you doing?

My car, 1.6FSI has almost 16k on it, service due about 18.5k miles. Mixed town/mway driving.

I think most people are reporting more than 16k for first service.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It's a 2.0 TDi and it's a mixture of town/mway driving, same as yourself. Don't know why it's saying an earlier service mileage than others?

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
It's a 2.0 TDi and it's a mixture of town/mway driving, same as yourself. Don't know why it's saying an earlier service mileage than others?
It may well be that your car is suffering from the service indictor "bug" that many on here including miene had. My car initially said it needed a service after 5k miles. The dealer reset it (needed 2 attempts) and then it started showing service at ~18k miles.

Worth a call to the dealer to see if it needs reset. A service at 12k miles is early, costs you more money in the long run but of course will do the car no harm.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts