Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Ive got a MK5 GTI, and im looking for a serious bassline.

So far i got the Hertz Hi-Energy 3 Ways Up Front with Audison: LRx 4, Which sound Amazing

.Specs for the Powerbass : • 4 ohm Power : 1000W x 1 • 2 ohm Power : 2000W x 1 • 1 ohm Mono Power : 3000W x 1 • Strapped Power : 6200W

------------------------------------------------ Ive got 1 extra JL12W7 but need some advise on how to do the setup from what amps / Box Build..Some good contacts for a pro boot build

How would it sound if i ran the x2 Jl's off the Powerbass......Do I need 2 buy 2 new Amps or 1 New Amp?

How should i be powering the Powerbass amp properly ?......Extra Battery/s OR Powercaps~?

And on building a box with the x2 JL'S would they be best in 1 big box or 1 box split in 2? .....Contacts for Getting a box professionaly done?

Located In Surrey

Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
50,234 Posts
No matter how you wire it up,has your car's charging system got enough power to supply all that lot,no stock alternator would be able to?

Have you heard a single 12W7 in a car the size of a Golf,for most people that would be more then enough? Or do you know you definately need two of them and all the problems that come with all that extra power and air being moved?

HOW TO GET THE BEST FROM YOUR CAR'S CHARGING SYSTEM

From memory optimum power for the W7s is under 1000 watts,so you don't have to go mad to drive them properly.

Chris.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Do not use power caps. tried a few and i hated them. far better to have better battery and alternator.

if a system is thought out and installed well it will sound so much better and even louder than a badly put together system. That sub well installed and crossed over will put the windows out !

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers for info guys lol

Well i got 1 extra Big batterie going in the boot, with split charging system,

Just looking for a decent person to build my box or some decent measurements to build my own, As i get a bit confusd when it comes to tuning boxing to certain hertz e.g 30.

Gonna get sound -deading today :)

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
JL's website has the best enclosure details/specs . next you have to decide if its a spare wheel enclosure or a side of boot enclosure (best idea)

·
Super Moderator
50,234 Posts
Cheers for info guys lol

Well i got 1 extra Big batterie going in the boot, with split charging system,
A waste of time,please read my guide above before you waste any money.

Chris.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, Does anyone Know if the R32 or 2.0tdi Have more powerfull alternaters, or which mk5 has the most powerfull alternator?

·
Super Moderator
50,234 Posts
Any R32 will have a more powerful atlternator than any SE specced car,but maybe look at the 180 amp new Passat alternators?

Chris.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts