Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having spent basically the entire bloody day doing a full wash polish and wheel job (all four rims off, cleaned and back on - which has raised a whole load of questions (clicky), and then popping the beast up to Darenth Park for a few photos.

Naturally it didn't go smoothly, just as the last of the polish came off, the bloody rain came down, so it needed a good leathering before the little trip!

Here are (some of) the results. The rest can be found here (clicky).

At home (before off to the park) - water beaded nicely, which I'd hope for after it's polish up!:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Darenth Park:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Women could probably use that shiny roof for makeup, but anyway, that's me done, enjoy (I'm a sh*t photographer, so sorry if they're not up to the usual standards around here [:$])

Everything done today with the AutoGlym products (as the car had a LifeShine on it, so I'm still using the pack!)

C

EDIT - put the smaller sized images up - sorry folks!

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whooooops!

Sorry sadsack, I put the wrong files in - fixed and now nice and reasonable!!! Full size ones in the link up to top if you turn out to be *THAT* bored! [;)]

Ta

C

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't have time as it started raining [:(] - It went on last time tho! [:)]

And yeah it's a must - the difference is so noticeable!

·
Registered
779 Posts
Nice mate..[Y] Wana come and clean mine,woz thinkin of gettin the GTI skirts for my mkv think you av just made me mind up..Looks sweet mate must say think black is the best..[:D]

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL no ta mate, was out the best part of 6 hours rinsing washing drying polishing and taking all the wheels off for a proper clean out.

I think I must be a pro now at getting those wheels off and on nice and quick now [;)]

Glad to be of assistance - even if it DOES sound like I've just cost you some cash! [:D] [A]

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Very nice...

I put Swissol on mine on Saturday and by Saturday night it was bucketing down. I need to get some scenic pictures of mine all gleaming sometime this week when I wash it again I think.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah that's the worst thing about this time of year, wash-rain, wash-rain, wash-rain, it's like a duo! [:)]

But yeah get some pics up man, definitely!!!!!! [:D]

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
As I said to sadsack, bog off [;)] I'm vaguely feeling all that hard work today, which is REALLY bizarre, although admittedly when washing the car I don't normally take all the wheels off (!)

Nah, thanks for your comments tho mate, but I'm not the hugest fan of washing cars - I just do it cos I'm looking after my git [;)]

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Tongue in cheek old chap - all these women that name their cars... "What do you call yours?" "I don't really - but for you, Git" "Why?" "Just re-arrange the letters, duh".

It does the job... And if I'm perfectly honest, the amount of times I typo and put that anyway... [;)]

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ROFL - coom 'ere, i'll bang both yer 'eads together [;)]

Do a reasonable job through the winter and I'll have to have a major blitz for some deeeep down shine for some trips to shows and events next year methinks [:)]

Thanks for all your comments guys - but no I'm still not washing no more cars [;)]

·
Registered
323 Posts
Looks really good the shine is amazing.

I know what you mean about the wheels. I have had mine since Jan and the disks are similar. Unfortunatly I do not think you can do anything about it. I also can't get all the way thorugh the wheels, I use

http://www.halfords.com/opd_product_details.asp?id=20265&type=0&cat=58

It's a brakedust remover tool, but saves me cutting my hands on the metal rims, and means I can get to the edge. Hope this helps.

I will be doing the same soon when I have time off, so I hope mine comes out as well as yours.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts