Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am selling my Golf Anniversary BBS RC's on ebay at the moment..

I have been offered a good price by someone in Portugal of £850 delivered. He is willing to pay £650 for alloys & up to £150 for posting to Portugal. Is this a realistic price for sending? I have rung DHL but i am unsure of weight and dimensions of the wheels so i cannot receive an accurate quote + the woman i spoke to was very un-helpful!

Has anyone got any experience of sending alloys to another country? Which courier should i use? Also if anyone knows the rough weight and dimensions of 4 x BBS RC's with tyres i would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

Kris.

[:)]

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Figure you can fit them in a 2 foot by 2 foot box with tyres on that is probably going to be 40-42" high, plus some packaging. Then they weigh around 20kg each with tyres - so 80 ish for them all.

Dan

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
TBH I'd steer clear of sending something so valuable abroad. If they choose to complain about them saying they are not as described, they'll end up getting there money back and you probably won't see your wheels again.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I'd be very wary, there a lot of scams going around ebay at the moment, if the offer sounds to good to be true.... it normally is

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello,i'm the guy that offered that money for the wheels....ahahah....i'm no scammer or anything like that......I'm looking for a long time but these rims have been hard to find, in my country there is a guy who is selling these rims but for 1500 euros, which I think is absurd, as offered 1100 and he did not accept .. ehehe ...... I had spoken with Kris here in the uk-mkivs a while ago and told him that I could find a friend there in the Uk that he could get the rims for me but it was not possible unfortunately.

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Hello,i'm the guy that offered that money for the wheels....ahahah....i'm no scammer or anything like that......I'm looking for a long time but these rims have been hard to find, in my country there is a guy who is selling these rims but for 1500 euros, which I think is absurd, as offered 1100 and he did not accept .. ehehe ...... I had spoken with Kris here in the uk-mkivs a while ago and told him that I could find a friend there in the Uk that he could get the rims for me but it was not possible unfortunately.
I have just sent you a message mate [Y]

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha! Don't worry i understand that the people who sent comments were being cautious in a good way but seeing as you are a member of mkivs that gives me some reassurance! I am happy to sell the wheels to you just need to find you a good deal on freight delivery so it doesn't put you out of pocket so badly! Now i have the necessary info to en-quire i will do so tomorrow!

Thanks again for your interest.

Kris.

·
Registered
6 Posts
ahahahah......no problem,i understand the comments............Would I do something in there to finish the ebay auction?because of the last bid.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts