Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im thinking of selling my car. this is the first car i have modified and i was wondering if i should remove the modifications before i sell it.

mods include:

Full milltek with 4mo pipes and valance

weitec 50mm springs and shocks

Eibach ARBS 25mm front and back

pipercross velocity air intake

forge 007p.

there are a few small aesthetic mods too but i wouldnt bother changing these.

The car is mapped to run with the above modifications (currently 221 FWHP).

im no mechanic so i would need to get help putting the standard bits back on and was wondering if you guys think it would be worth it.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Impressive WHP figure, most AUM's are lucky to get that at the flywheel!

What are the mods worth second hand (£500-600?), you will probably get 300 ish more for the car with them on, so is it worth the time taking them off and sourcing standard parts?

Dan

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick response. 221 is at the flywheel mate. was 201 at the wheels. (courtosy of your friend nick [Y] )

as i said im no mechanic so i would have to get someone to supervisse me / lend me tools / put my standard parts back on. i think for all that hastle i might just stick the standard wheels back on and flog it how it is. hopefully anyone driving it would have driven the standard car so they can see i have imporved it.

the book price is only 500 quid less than what i paid 2 years ago so i dont think i have done so badly.

we can swap cars if you want mate? [:D]

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Things you could take off which knowone would notice and wouldn't take you any time at all would be your rear anti roll bar and the Forge 007p and probably the air intake [y]

Haha, Yeah Nicks god a magic touch with 1.8t's [;)]

Dan

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
the confusion over power was due to you putting 221fwhp meaning fly wheel horse power, but 221fwhp is normally accepted to be front wheel horse power, meaning power at the wheels rather than flywheel.

other than that, advertising a car as modified scares a lot of people as most assume modified=thrashed and abused rather than whats quite often the truth of modified=cherished, looked after and improved.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
"221fwhp is normally accepted to be front wheel horse power, meaning power at the wheels rather than flywheel."

learn somethig new every day.

i think if i advertise it publicly il remove some of the mods but if i was selling it to a friend, (they know i cherish it and that the mods are to make it a propper GTi) then they would rather me leave them on and give me a bit for them.

thanks for the advise.

Chris

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
if i remove the mods (most likely if i sell to a random person or do a part-ex) you can have first dibs. however i have interest from some mates who would want it as it is. i'll keep u posted.

going to have a look at a 350Z tomorrow. N/A 3.5l V6. WHAAAAM BRAMMMBA DADADADA. (but no Tssshhhh [cry] the golf will be missed)

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i think (but dont quote me on this) its actually a jap engine of which a variation is used in the renault vel satis.

i hope ur not quoting Mr Clarkson there [:p]

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
mate - just twin turbo the the 350z and then you will get the 'tishhhhhh' too hahaha
haha. i love this "just" allthough it's likely that i will piss around with it a bit. dno about turbos though :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts