Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I tried reading and look where it got me :(

my key is a 433mhz 2 button 1j0 959 753 n

i read somewhere on here that i can use the:

433mhz 3 button 1j0 959 753 p

so I went and bought one along with a registered version of vagcom

initially I couldnt alter the amout of keys but after some reading on here again I solved that by a factory reset on 00

so i tried to match the remotes and my original will match but not the 3 button.

Is this supposed to be dooable?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought the 3 button RCL module with a used key but only wanted the rcl part, mu old key is definatley 433 as is the new module. My clocks as far as I can tell are Immo2 as I have looked at the guides on id'ing them. I think being march 2001 I just missed immo3.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
not had the key cut yet, not really bothered about starting the car with it for now, just wanted the remote locking part done so my girlfriend can have a fob to get entry while im not there

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Fella try this then i dont know if it will work, swap over the blade sections and try and code the new key by the ignition method/VCDS, then you will know for sure if it is the correct key for your car.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does the imobilliser need to be coded in the key for the central locking part to work?

I thought you could reprogram just the top section and leave the imobilliser uncoded?

I have been trying it with vagcom registered but cant do the door way as i dont have a second key blade yet

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Managed to sort this, had to do the second (new) fob first in vagcom.Stored value still shows as 1 but both fobs now working.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts