Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Diesel every time
Nice well-informed response[:^)]

The 180ps petrol will almost certainly be quicker to 60 and 100, but the diesel probably posts some better in gear times. If mpg is important to you then it's a no brainer but if you don't do many miles then maybe the petrol is for you, probably best to drive them both and judge for yourself.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guys gonna have to do the test drives i think!

Anyone got any other cars they'd suggest?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I used to own a Ibiza Cupra 1.8t petrol (2001). It had a miltek exhaust, 17" alloys, Brembo 4 pot callipers, Lowered, APR switchable Chip, Strut braces, and a Cyclone air filter. the car was realy quick, 240bhp and 250ft/lbs of torque. the build quality is crap but they are fun cars.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Diesel or petrol whats the best as there both the same insurance!
A Fabia vRS!!!

If you're talking about brand new then the Fabia is a much better buy.

The Ibiza is cheap and nasty inside but costs more.

Personally I think the Fabia looks better too- the Ibiza always looks like it has too small wheels and too narrow a track.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oops So does the crappy build go for the leon cupra too???

Fabia VRS umm just wondered because the the interior is a lil funky????

·
Registered
798 Posts
Ooo - who got out of the wrong side of the bed. Muppet. Might as well just cut to the chase, the diesel pulls like a truck and sips fuel. Enough said.
Oooooo who knows Jack ! Of course the diesel must be better on the basis that it is more frugal and has more torque [*-)] that's the extent of your argument ?

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I used to own a Ibiza Cupra 1.8t petrol (2001). It had a miltek exhaust, 17" alloys, Brembo 4 pot callipers, Lowered, APR switchable Chip, Strut braces, and a Cyclone air filter. the car was realy quick, 240bhp and 250ft/lbs of torque. the build quality is crap but they are fun cars.
i presume you must of upgraded to a K04 turbo then too? Theres no way the K03 could handle 240bhp.

1.8T Cupra ibiza's are a quality car, but like a few people have said, the inside lets it down. Niggly faults, cheap plastics, rattles, creaks etc etc. I had a Revo tuned cupra and it went like stink.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thinking about going for the leon cupra petrol! No offence against deisels just dont do that much driving to worry bout fuel costs,

So........

What do people think of these i have spotted a 03' with leather in yellow for around 8k pre-facelift kinda prefer the shape anybody got any input?

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Thinking about going for the leon cupra petrol! No offence against deisels just dont do that much driving to worry bout fuel costs,

So........

What do people think of these i have spotted a 03' with leather in yellow for around 8k pre-facelift kinda prefer the shape anybody got any input?
yeah - dont get yellow. LOL

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Not yellow! and not pre-facelift - they're slower and don't have brembos etc.!! Take it you mean facelift, not model!

Build quality is cr_p!! thats why I went for the golf! But they're certainly nice lookin! and sometimes I do wish i had a K04!

·
Registered
2,259 Posts

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Oooooo who knows Jack ! Of course the diesel must be better on the basis that it is more frugal and has more torque [*-)] that's the extent of your argument ?
You are a [email protected]@ker thats the extent of my argument.
Mate I don't know who you are and I don't care. If you have nothing constructive to say don't say anything.

The point he was trying to make is the denzel/petrol debate has been done to death.

J.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Not yellow! and not pre-facelift - they're slower and don't have brembos etc.!! Take it you mean facelift, not model!

Build quality is cr_p!! thats why I went for the golf! But they're certainly nice lookin! and sometimes I do wish i had a K04!
Reviewing my previous post. The word "cr_p" is a little extreme. I meant - not as good as the golf - much like the golf isn't as good as the audi!

Told you this was gonna turn into a Diesel vs. Petrol. See you in 5 pages lmao [:D]

·
Registered
207 Posts
Reviewing my previous post. The word "cr_p" is a little extreme. I meant - not as good as the golf - much like the golf isn't as good as the audi!

Told you this was gonna turn into a Diesel vs. Petrol. See you in 5 pages lmao [:D]
I had a diesel Leon FR for a short while. It looked the great in steal grey but unfortunately the driving dynamics were not fantasic, thats why I changed to a MK5 golf. But the price of them reflects this so if you can afford it go for a Leon FR be it diesel or petrol. Maybe not yellow though! The best colour IMO is red.

·
Registered
207 Posts
If you care to look at the top of this post you will see that my new friend "spencert" was actually the one being cocky in the first place. I simply put my 2p in and got an idiotic response. I would hardly call either yours or his replies as "constructive". Good old internet forum anger, seems to be getting like road rage,

1 - 20 of 36 Posts