Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me if VW have removed the "Ping"ing warning sound when you in the car and not got the seat belt on form the 2006 spec golf?
I only getting the Fasten seat belt msg on the MFD.

Thanks

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know many people hates it... but i think its cool... haha..
i read on the manual saying i can enable from the MFD.. but i dont' seems to be able to find it anywhere.. unless its hidden away....
or the buzzer is broke...

·
Registered
257 Posts
The ping should be s electable at the garage, on mine the light on the dashboard does not even come on when i switch the ignition on, will have it cehcked out at service, as worried it means the anti whiplash head rests and seatbelt tensioners wont work.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
THanks for that..  i will get the servicing people to look at it in the next day or so....

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
That ruddy pinging is still there afaik and will remain just to pee off VW customers (it's a "safety feature", after all!)

i know many people hates it... but i think its cool... haha..
i
read on the manual saying i can enable from the MFD.. but i dont'
seems to be able to find it anywhere.. unless its hidden away....
or the buzzer is broke...
It's buried in the Highline computer settings - not touchable on a Midline, you'd need VAGCOM or dealer.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That ruddy pinging is still there afaik and will remain just to pee off VW customers (it's a "safety feature", after all!)

It's buried in the Highline computer settings - not touchable on a Midline, you'd need VAGCOM or dealer.
I do have the Highline computer, but i dont' seems to find the option anywhere in the menu. I also can't find the option to enable the Beep when you lock the door and set the alarm.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Heh sorry aric, I don't have the specific, I only have the lowly
midline in my GTI [:$] So I can't give you the exact options - we must
have someone who knows how to tweak this on here somewhere! [:)]

C

·
Registered
2,735 Posts

I do have the Highline computer, but i dont' seems to find the option anywhere in the menu. I also can't find the option to enable the Beep when you lock the door and set the alarm.
The Highline cannot disbale the seatbelt warning or set the beeps. VAG-COM can disable the seatbelt warning. You cannot enable the beeps with anything. If you pass the Midlands and want the seatbelt warning removing PM me.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
You can't change it via the onboard options unfortunately, it'll have to be done by dealers or someone else that can access the hidden options.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Took the car to the dealer today for a check up on my steering creaking noise.. also told them to look at the seat belt warning thing....
and here is what i got back from the report......

"Check for seat belt warning not 'gonging'.... unable to code audiable warning as not fitted. (either light on or off only)"

They said vw have removed the seat belt warning sound unit from the car on the 2006 spec model....... or so he said... so he can't enable it from their software.....

Oh well......... may be i will get them to get that unit fitted!!!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have a 2006 spec car and the beep is there both seats.
Can anyone that have 2006 spec car confirm if they have or not have the "Gonging" sound when not wearing seat belt?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
By chance.. i found out the Seat Belt warning does work!! But it only seems to start beeping away once the car is doing around 10-15mph.
May be they have changed this compare to the earlier version? So.. i was given wrong answer by the servicing again about its no longer an option.......

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have a 2006 spec car and the beep is there both seats.
Can anyone that have 2006 spec car confirm if they have or not have the "Gonging" sound when not wearing seat belt?
Yes mine is a 2006 car and the pinging noise works on both seats.
It isn't a problem as, obviously, I and any passengers put the
seatbelts on before moving off. If carrying something on the
passenger seat then I just fasten that belt as well.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
2006 model here too and mine beeps. Had to tell one or two passengers to put their belts on to shut the thing up though.

I *think* after a few mins it stops beeping because IIRC I was moving my car into a space and waiting for someone to move out of it first so I sat idle without the belt on and as I said, I *think* it went off after 3 mins or so but it might have been my imagination.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Irish, it'll come on initially at startup, and go off until you start
moving. When you go over (can't remember exactly) I think it's
10mph or 15kph or something like that (or they might even equate) it'll
start up again continually until you're both strapped up.

It won't ping if you're going backwards with seatbelt off either [:)]

HTH

C

1 - 20 of 21 Posts