Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It the time of year when we get frost often, and indeed quite harshly!

So lets see what pictures of FROST we can get......

snow is a bit harder due to the lack of it!........but frost, we'll thats regular...

early moring, to catch the sun.......or late at nigth to get street light effects in the frost, or indeed, just natural light......

could prove interesting me think?

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Shouldn't be any problem with hand held efforts unless you're getting
up at dawn. I've taken a few pics recently and they were fine at ISO100.

·
Registered
540 Posts
yep it really was ........mind you it was up in the Canadian Rockies.

I've been out there visiting family for a while

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
0.42 Megapixels, that one.

Surprised? [;)]

Beyond a certain point, the quality of pixels (as in accuracy of colour) is more important than how many of them there are. As for what resolution it was shot at, all cameras actually shoot the image at full resolution then internally scale it down to whatever size you have s elected. You can of course still crop or resize it further.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Hi there, It was taken using my Minolta Dynax 7D with a 17-35mm Minolta lens set at 17 mm.

The camera is set to save me both a raw and jpg file. That one is just a straight 'Save for Web' photoshop resize to 800 pixels on the longest side from the jpg on the card.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
it all depends on the size of the output picture mate. if you want to get A3 prints from a 2mp cam, its gonna be pixely, but if you want 6x4 prints, then you have no worries. 5mp shouldnt look pixely at all, unless you have over stretched them on the pc......

·
Registered
540 Posts
would you just take a quick look at the pics i took and see if you can spot what i did wrong then ! [:(]

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c391/vdubman33

much appreciated ! [:)]
Hi, vdubman I can't get the link to open so I can't help you on that yet.

just a couple of questions.....what ISO were you using and what quality setting were you saving the files at ??

Here's the view looking to the other side of the lodge taken a few moments earlier before the sun made it onto the lake.

Posted Image

·
Registered
540 Posts
Thanks guys, I had a great time out there, just a shame that the weather and family commitments didn't allow for more photography. I'm so glad I got up and went for a walk that morning there was no wind at all hence the perfect reflections. Also managed to shoot a couple of rolls of slide film that morning and the shot with the bridge is so just like it was that you feel that you could walk back over it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts