Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mods, was unsure whether this would be a good idea for a thread but if it helps people to obtain those harder to find parts then it's all good? If it should be included in the Breakers link thread I'll put it in there instead [:)]

so, post your scrapyard finds here [:)]

I visited Bury VW Breakers in Altham, Lancashire which is between J7 and J8 of the M65 about 10 days ago

They had a Diamond Black front ended Bora, centre vents are still in there [;)] as well as the full Gold Net Optic trim, sport gearknob, all other trim as far as I could see

Also what looked to be a high specced Golf TDi, and a Golf 1.8t (engine removed) and even a brand new VW Fox with frontal damage

I didn't look in their stores but they have shedloads of parts for the full VAG range

Another yard on the same estate had a Reflex Silver Bora 2.0, untouched interior including the nice looking sports clocks, auto dimming mirror etc..

Next time I go I'll take camera phone pics of anything interesting

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
aye I will be going back maybe next weekend as the whole point of my first trip was to buy an aerial. I saw the Bora vents, bought those (?5 each) and completely forgot the aerial... doh!

I'm sure the silver Bora had some kind of Optic trim as well. I'll check it out and report back [:)]

The place usually has around 20+ mk4 based cars there, he was a bit quiet when I went as he said he'd cleared up for Xmas

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Any chance I could pop down with you next weekend Pat?
absolutely mate, it'll be Saturday morning / lunchtime I reckon. I'll 'txt' you when I know for definite [y]

·
Registered
244 Posts
Interesting thread !!

BTW, Bike-boy, do you live on the A6 new mills?, theres i rather nice silver MK4 with some very nice wheels i see reg, on my deliveries to Buxton

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Interesting thread !!

BTW, Bike-boy, do you live on the A6e new mills?, theres i rather nice silver MK4 with some very nice wheels i see reg, on my deliveries to Buxton
Sorry not me slot, but i know the car you are talking about' It's in Disley ( near to the Satellite shop) and has some "tuningwerks" stickers in the window. I have flyered him a few times but i have not seen him on here to date .

Jay.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
This is one i've used a few times for different bits,? ?? ?Onlyvw's, haslingdon old road, accrington.? ? ?always have mk4's in

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Do you have a post code for them Pat ? I might have to visit them sometime.

Jay
no problem Jay, I just tried BB5 5WE in Google Earth and that is near enough [:)]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts