Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and gals i am currently organising a meet for all VW / Vag enthusiasts in Scotland for 30 Jan 2005 to be held at a venue in the Perth region, The Brewsters Pub /TravelLodge has now been confirmed

I was hoping that you might support it by coming along for a charity raffle and Show n Shine which will be held on the day as well as getting a bite to eat or a drink in a friendly social event for charity.

The charity i am in talks with is the Anthony Nolan Trust for Bone Marrow / leukaemia

This meet is merely a pilot for what may turn into an annual event.

I would appreciate any feedback or comments you may have.

Although i am a Club Gti member as well as a VWOCGB member i am doing this off my own back

i have also secured a MK5 Gti from the local dealership but as it stands this will be for show only .

Yours

Lloyd Mckee

feel free to email me on

[email protected]

or add me to msn

[email protected]

·
Registered
766 Posts
[:)] deffo be along,

yip nice one Lloyd and for a top cause aswell[^]

show and shine[:D][:D] oh, here i go again lol

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
come on over guys its about 3 hours from most of Scotland (exect the exteme Highlands and Islands) so should be fun

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Quote: posted by jettasyncro on 09/12/2004 22:50:15

come on over guys its about 3 hours from most of Scotland (exect the exteme Highlands and Islands) so should be fun

That'll be me then, I wouldn't mind coming down. Maybe the missus will be wanting a shopping trip by that time and I could kill 2 birds with one stone.

Keep us posted Lloyd

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I know it kinda sucks, but hey the houses are cheap as hell up here and I've got a well paid job. It's the only reason I can afford an R32

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well peeps the support is coming in from all around and i thank each and every one of you .

My goal for the day is to attract at least 40 cars and to raise 1000 pounds for charity , so please come and join us as only you can make the event successfull

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Quote: posted by gerard on 09/12/2004 19:41:18

[:)] deffo be along,

yip nice one Lloyd and for a top cause aswell[^]

show and shine[:D][:D] oh, here i go again lol

Oh not another trophy[:I] That'll be the Meguires and the toothbrush coming out then[;)]

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well i went up to the site today and all i can say is Belter. there is easy parking for over 100 cars ( not that we can use them all but then there is also a culdesac and a Park and ride next to it , the pub is big , with reasonable priced meals and a childrens area for those with kids and its clean but there is also a McChokeandpuke for the less sophisticated of you not to mention a little circular bench area for holding the raffle(unless it rains then its off inside the pub) and a quite corner of the car park for the show and shine as well as the travel lodge if you are doing mega miles and want a bed for the night although as i haveno idea of numbers i doubt we would get a special rate.so all in all i am impressed with the venue and as for finding it well youd have to be blind as its right off the main Broxden Roundabout (A9 M90 Junction)by about 100 yards then turn right at the mini round about and follow it another 100 yard up the hill but you can see it from the main roundabout. i will post directions and a map closer to the time

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi again , Thanks for all the support.

Gerard i will beat you next time , it just wasnt wet ENOUGH for me today(lol)was nice to meet you

1 - 20 of 113 Posts