Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks

Been on here for a good few months now but don't think I ever introduced myself.

I'm Carl, from Fife & I drive a 2001 Black 20VT, a 1983 Mk1 Gti & am currently breaking my 1991 Corrado valver :eek:(.

Anyway, here's a few pic's. All comments good or bad welcomed. If you see me about give me a flash or a wave.

Cheers

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

new wheels (pic's taken on my phone)

Posted Image

my girlfriend's mk1 that i bought her for her 21st.

Posted Image

Posted Image

And my Corrado, not looking like this anymore!

Posted Image

·
Registered
874 Posts
Allright mate, welcome to a fellow langtonian!

Have seen you around a few times now- the car looks so much better with the A8 wheels- RS4's in 17in really don't do anything for the mkIV.

The mk1 looks fantastic- you've got a lucky girlfriend! My dad had a black Y-plate mk1 back in the day- wish he had never sold it.

I'll give you a flash next time I see you.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello again Stevo,

Think I just seen you last week, wasn't until we where head on until I noticed it was you. (didn't have my contacts in!)

Don't know if you know about this but just put a post in regional meets for a ScottishVag meet at the end of the month, dunno if you fancy heading along, check it out, let me know if you fancy it, there'll be a convoy leaving from the langtoun!

Cheers for the comments, I'm the same as you, the 17's looked far too small on the car.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
alright there, nice looking motor and lovin the mk1.

It's a PITA living so far north or I would be going to the meet. I was at the first one in Perth some time ago and I'm sure it's grown quite a lot since then. I'm a member on Scottish VAG but not on there that often

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Mate, thanks, the Mk1 really is in great nick, probably better condition than the Mk4. Should I really be letting her drive it?

She's not even got a licence yet! Stunning Mk1 Gti for your first car? Not many people can say that eh.

Yeah, the Perth meets last year were good, alot more members since then, this one should be good,

Where about are you? Not really that far from Perth. (Well about 30miles!) Got a group setting off from Dundee then meeting more in Perth.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Hi Mate, thanks, the Mk1 really is in great nick, probably better condition than the Mk4. Should I really be letting her drive it?

She's not even got a licence yet! Stunning Mk1 Gti for your first car? Not many people can say that eh.

Yeah, the Perth meets last year were good, alot more members since then, this one should be good,

Where about are you? Not really that far from Perth. (Well about 30miles!) Got a group setting off from Dundee then meeting more in Perth.
I live right far up north, 16 miles from John O'Groats so anywhere worth going is a long way away for me.

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
thought I recognised yr avatar but hello and good collection of cars...

PS - You need to re-resize yr signature pic or the mods'll get ya[:)]

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers mate

PS - You need to re-resize yr signature pic or the mods'll get ya[:)]
Whats the matter with the sig picture, Its not that big is it?

Similar in sizes to yours.

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
no worries - I'm just pointing it out. The limit is 175 x 150 pixels (total 26250 ). Your sig is 410 x 97 pixels ( total 39770 )

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Mate

Long story with the Corrado!

Had a run in with an artic lorry about two years back. Not much damage, dent to rear passenger arch & deep scratch to pass door (came off very lucky!!)

Anyway, the lorry driver disputed it straight away saying I cut him off when he actually tried to under take me coming off a roundabout. Naturally, by this time I was raging so phoned the police (should have pulled him out the [email protected]*king cab & sorted him out!)

He didn't even make eye contact with my until 45mins later when the police turn up, he then had the cheek to pass me a bit paper with his depot details saying it was his fault & I should phone them to get the car fixed.

So, what happens next...? He goes back to his depot & denies everything! then, out in the car a month later, the cam belt tensioner seizes up bending 12 of the 16 valves! Fully rebuilt the engine spending around ?400 while waiting for the cash/court date.

2 years later I finally get the insurance money only for 16v Corrado prices to be crap!

Basically breaking it to get some of the money back that I pilled into it!

Ha, told you it was a long story! bet you wish you didn't ask now eh!

·
Registered
8 Posts
am fae fife, new tae this tho just came across this site earlier 2day. my mate had the car ruffly 5-6 yrs ago spent a fortune on it then when he was finished wi it another chap i know got it fae him for a steal he kept it for about 8 months or so and i neva seen it since . 1st mate(ricky downie) 2nd mate (greig horsburgh) could be wrong tho im not 100% on the reg.. am i close???

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
close, but not close enough,

bought it off a manager at my work from edinburgh, took me 5 years of nagging but finally got it :)

he had it for 13 years before that, drove it for 6 then had it stored in his garage for the last 7 years (only covered 12k in his hands)

Carl

1 - 20 of 29 Posts