Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was my third .:R and I settled upon this car in late 2003. This car was procured new and cherished (one of the cars I have had the longest), a few others have been and gone...I never had the heart to sell this car.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

The house was burgled on Saturday, thankfully the thieves didn't come into contact with anyone and nothing else was touched except that they scoured downstairs for the car keys. They got into the house via the back door (even though the car was at the front - it?s a fair walk around) and left through the back as well - as upon return I found the front locked.

I have been too busy enjoying the new Audi. Hence this car was left home, along with a Ferrari F430 spyder this was blocked in by our GTI. Anyway I had one GTI key and my MUM has the other, so it was impossible for them to move it as there were no keys there. They found the Ferrari keys too but it was impossible to move it even an inch as it was blocked and the only other car key they could find was you guessed it, my .:R's. The other keys are safely in my possession, so all they got was the R32. Our home in Chigwell also has house works hence the cars were moved/left here and have been moved up there since.

It?s a very distinctive car with the following:

• Diamond black 5dr with full leather interior + baby seat with in leather with .:R logo (just like the seats) <o:p></o:p>
  • Badgeless grill with slats <o:p></o:p>
  • Audi A4 door handles all around <o:p></o:p>
  • Boot delocked (handle still present) <o:p></o:p>
  • H&R coilovers <o:p></o:p>
  • AP racing 6 pot brakes with yellow AP racing writing <o:p></o:p>
  • US rear lights <o:p></o:p>
  • BBS 19" x 9.5 LeMan edition wheels with Michelin tyres (unmarked) <o:p></o:p>
  • Retro fitted OEM version G sat nav with the proper navi aerial (but not the large MFD) <o:p></o:p>
  • Kicker Solo X subwoofer with Nakamichi speakers all around <o:p></o:p>
  • Milltek full non resonated system including cats <o:p></o:p>
  • VF engineering stickers on the engine lump <o:p></o:p>
  • VF engineering super charger 16psi <o:p></o:p>
  • HGP turbo conversion internals and manifold (not that anyone will ever see these) <o:p></o:p>
  • Front sway bar on top of the engine + in boot, in powder black <o:p></o:p>
  • 5 bar fuel pressure regulator (its polished)
  • Haldex performance controller
  • Cant remember what else

I'm shattered after what?s happened, I really had a soft spot for this car. What was really peculiar is that the number plates were found at home too [:'(], so now its even more difficult to locate it. It almost seems to me, that it wasn't so much a random crime after all.<o:p></o:p>

This house is a building site too with lots of works going on during the work such as decoration and finishing off a rear extension. The entry into the house was not made a mess, so either it was their lucky day and they found the door open or I don?t know what.<o:p></o:p>

The police were duly informed and someone did come to do forensics, but I haven't heard anything since and got my crime reference number. The police have been helpful to an extent and insurance companies have been informed too.

Whooops...I forgot to mention that it also had a tracker horizon. Unfortunately this too has no return signals....I have no idea whats going on.

·
Old School UkMkivs Member
2,166 Posts
Gutted, sorry to hear about your loss mate.

Everyones worst nightmare.

There sure are some scumbags out there [:(]

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Absolutely & truely devastating news mate, feel for ya.

Let's hope these lowlife scum have a lifetime of unpleasant occurences if found out...........

At least no one was hurt etc etc

[:(]

·
Registered
236 Posts
Really awful news, luckily no-one was hurt and it does seem pre-meditated. You say it has a tracker but there's no signal!? Could it mean that it's left the country? I dont know what sort of range these tracking devices have, probably not what you want to hear tho.

Really sorry....

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
That is terrible. I truly hope they have messed up taking something so traceable but it does sound like a fairly "professional" job as they have ensured the Tracker Horizon didn't work.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its yet another day, actually one bringing quiet nice weather to Canary Wharf today.

Having spoken to a few people I know I'm told apparently its possible to use a device to locate the tracker and then it can easily be destroyed/disabled.

Unfortunately I haven't heard anything from an official source yet.

Thank you all for helping me to ease my suffering.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Sorry to hear of your loss Faizaan.  Hear so much of this these days, stealing cars and other violent crime.  I hope their arms and legs fall off.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I'm really sorry about what happened mate, BUT

Do you really have a R32, mkV GTi, B5 RS4, B7 RS4 AND a F430 Spyder???? [:O]

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Really sorry to hear about your loss. Sounds like a mint R32 with lots of effort and money gone into it.

·
Registered
459 Posts

Yeah what do you do for a living? All that added up is more than my house is worth.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Sorry to hear about the car mate.It was a nice one too.

I know its no consolation but im glad that these creeps were not disturbed whilst they were ransacking your place and that your family are safe and un harmed.Hopefully your motor will be found soon.

·
Registered
176 Posts
shit ! sorry to hear that, i had just spotted your car last week aswell . .. ill deff keep a lookout for any black R32s matching ur cars description.

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
TAKE A LOOK ON EBAY

there is a guy selling some fairly strange bits and pieces from an R32. Including a black front wing for ?20?????????
seems a little wierd and it may be innocent enough. He says he's selling it for a friend, YEAH RIGHT.
Check it out.

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZronn1975QQhtZ-1

Baz

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If you really need to know I'm in the aviation business meaning helicopters, jets etc, commodities, textiles etc in addition to other ventures. I'm mainly involved in the sales and aftersales side.

I dont think I need to prove my point. Some of those here whom know me better, know better. The B5 has been around since new, and its replacement the B7 has just arrived (so one of them will go). Plus I'm not saying I use everycar at the same time [:O].

My father has a new S500 (previous had a S65 that I bought off him and concequently sold on as the new model was coming), and we mutually agreed to get the Ferrari on the condition we'd share the payment/car. The Mk5 has taken over from our snail, (04 Megane Saloon - now mainly used at a shop or for moving bits around). The MK5 was supposed to replace the R in Dec 04. Its a great car, but my heart didn't want to part with my MK4.

Thanks.

P.S : The R32 is no longer with me [:mad:]

·
Registered
176 Posts
Those ads were started around 9th march whereas flys car was stolen today (13th)

TAKE A LOOK ON EBAY

there is a guy selling some fairly strange bits and pieces from an R32. Including a black front wing for ?20?????????
seems a little wierd and it may be innocent enough. He says he's selling it for a friend, YEAH RIGHT.
Check it out.

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZronn1975QQhtZ-1

Baz

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
oh sorry
didn't see what time it was stolen. Seemed a little strange.
Sorry
Baz

·
Registered
570 Posts
Totally gutted for you as it sounds like a gorgeous piece of motor [:'(]

We all work so hard and buy the things we want and enjoy and even with the cars we do sometimes become attached to them in someway. When things like this happens its a real arse but in the end, no-one was hurts which is the main thing I look at. Cars can be replaced no matter how much we enjoy them, people/loved ones can't.

It does however sound like they did know what they wanted and came specifically for the .:R. [:mad:]

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bazzmcc - thanks for your suggestion. The times don't match as suggyested and although my car doesn't have a sunroof & speakers are different, my car was 2003.

Cage - thanks for your call buddy.

The car was last seen at 8pm and reported stolen just after midnight, as I was driving past this house (we've relocated to Chigwell) and thought it was odd that my car wasn't there. I could have driven to Chigwell via another route, but for some reason that night I didn't and it was then that I raised the alarm.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts