Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 3 months of waiting, at last i have got my new Mk5 GT TDI.

Despite all the trouble i had over the last week with the insurance company not sending the correct paper work or got lost in the post, I managed to collect the new girl in the afternoon... At one point I was thinking i won't be able to take the car until next week.

Only having done a few miles to get back home... This car is far far better then the one i test drove a few months ago!!

I was quite sad when handing over my MK4 keys to the dealer and seeing my old from my wing mirror left behind as i leave the showroom..... Its been a great 2 years having the Mk4, specially during my last 2 trips to the N'Ring. Oh Well.. Life must go on.....
Had to rush stright back home with the new car...... why didn't I take it for a longer drive??
well.. i had to fight against the clock.... as i need to do my first Mod!! Yes.. Already..... I had a list of items planned well before i even ordered the car!!
As soon as i finished the mod,,, it was already very dark.. . so i have no chance to take any picture yet... but i am sure i will post some up very shortly...
But... before i did the mod.. i have managed to grap 2 shots.... and now.. i will never get to see them on my car again..... I am sure for those that know me.. you will know what they are.....
Anyway.. here we go.......

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Looking mighty fine Aric. I won't spoil your surprise [;)]

The xenon lights look great. I'm sure with a few other additions its going to look very different very soon!

Anyway why haven't you taken pictures in the dark - I thought you had a flashgun!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Xenons are very good!! much brighter then on the Mk4.... and now i have the auto leveller.. hopefully no one will flash at me.. or else.. i will use the bi-xenon full beam back at them!!! HOHO

Yes, i do have flash but i also had dirty hand at the time.,.. and also i had more important visitor came by to look at the car... and willing to become the first passanger for the car....
My good friend have taken some picture in the dark.. and am waiting for me to send back to me.. and if i can have is permission to post the pic.. i will do as soon as i get them... infact.. i am quite looking forward to see those picture myself...

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
aric,

Looks really good mate [Y] Like the colour [H]

I think the first mod might just be the wheels ?????

they look good but i cant think of anything else i'd change after having the car a couple of hours.[:)]

Youll love the xenen's, i couldnt do without mine now[Y]

I will be keeping a close eye on this car over the next few months.

Enjoy matey...

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
very smart car mate....dont you jus love the new car smell!!
Indeed.. I love the smell of new car... i always go to dealers and seat inside the showroom car.. not to see the car. . but just to enjoy the smell.. haha

Some reason.. this car don't have as strong smell as some others... At least its winter soon.. wont' be having to windows open and should keep the smell in.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looks great, still prefer 3 door version :).

Look forward to seeing it on Monday in all its glory as well to see if this convinces me to go down the MKV GTi Root.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks great, still prefer 3 door version :).

Look forward to seeing it on Monday in all its glory as well to see if this convinces me to go down the MKV GTi Root.
I also think the 3dr version have nicer look..... but if you want DSG or 4motion.. u can only have it with 5dr.. unless u go for the GTI / R32..

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Monzas on already lol....you don't waste time do you. Good choice of colour[Y]

Had mine for 2 months and I still have sad thoughts about my old Mk4.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Looks lovely mate and I can confirm by personal experience that the colour is truly sublime.......

When my Xenons were shining on your car last night, I could see all the glittering metallic / pearl flakes and all the irridescent refractions - they were truly amazing........

Thanks for the test ride too - I have some pics i'm currently downloading off my phone for you..........

Nice car - amazing spec and nice 1st day mod .......... taking a leaf out of my own book I see !!! LOL

I'll keep 'mum' about the other mods........[:p]

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That looks very nice with the 18 monza IIs on it.

The mk5 is Shadow blue metallic correct?
I like those 18 very much.. from day 1.. but could do with lowering ..

Yes, thats Metalic Shadow Blue. It took me sometime to decide between that and laser blue, as i was hard to find many in shadow blue around to see what it looks like... but I think i made the right choice.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Nice car, how do you intend to stay to stay on top of cleaning it?

Will you be using claybars and all that ?

I wont be modding mine or anything just wanna keep looking like new.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nice car, how do you intend to stay to stay on top of cleaning it?

Will you be using claybars and all that ?

I wont be modding mine or anything just wanna keep looking like new.
Well, i will just just use normal car wash with wax stuff from halfords to do the the normal weekly wash. Its not much point trying to keep it in top condition in weather like this.. 30 mins later, it will just be back to how it was. As long as i try to keep it clean and stop the crxp building up that will do for me for now until the weather get abit nicer.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Looks really nice! Xenon's really finish it off nicely too.
The xenon does give it a better look, specially sideway. The performance also very good from them!! much better then the one on the MK4

1 - 20 of 23 Posts