Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw my first white GTI on the road today (on A21 south of Tunbridge Wells) and I think it look stunning! I'dnever seen w white one in the flesh before and I really think it looked the biz. It really stood out, with the black and red grill looking mean yet classy. Anyone thinking of getting a GTI should give white some serious consideration, its free, easy to keep clean and looks "la testicules du chien".

Thought I'd also mention that of the 10 or so GTI's Ive seen over the last couple of weeks, this was the first one driven by a man!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One of mt other vehicles is a white renault van and its easy to keep clean. I thought it would show up dirt big time, but it looks clean for longer. Its not until you clean it that it show up how dirty it is. I used it far more than my old dark blue car and that looked fithy way before the van ever did.  So I think its a common misconception that  white vehicles look dirty quickly.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I saw a white 4 door in Brighton this weekend and I thought it made the car look cheap, surely these will be a nightmare to sell on.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Saw one this morning as well, first white one for ages. Before i thought it looked great in white, now i'm getting more and more used to the MKV shape etc, i'm not sure when i got a glimpse of it today.

Still don't know what to make of it. Even the white MKiv Gti's are rare, but someone on here has or had a superb example of a (1.6 i think, mind) which was all smoothed and looked great IMO. Saw it the 'car of the month <100bhp' or whatever it's called a week or so back.

Think i could get fed up with the colour quickly. I think the front looks good though with the black and red on the grill.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
White is the only colour i would have a GTI in, all are colours are far to common
There's a reason why they're common,

And a reason why the white is not.

(whiney american voice) Go figure. [:)]
I jusy dont like sticking to the "norm" a being like everyone else (& before everyone notice's my sig & say about the RS4's being common as single mothers in essex - they were already on the car when i bought it[:)])

Reason I would only by a white GTI is not only because its a rare colour for that car to been seen in but IMO its the best looking colour for the GTI

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Not sure where the hell the post I thought I'd posted has gone - stupid boy (me)

Anyway I saw a white GTI (could be the same one) on the A26 towards East Farleigh (Maidstone) a month or two back, and it did look great, bar one thing.

The fact it needed a clean, and out in the sticks it'd picked up the dust and grime. And the bottom of the doors were yellow.

So yeah, fine if you keep it spanking clean, but if it starts to go, it really does look a bit grim [N]

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
And there was me thinking it was cos grey was harder to spot in lousy lighting conditions. No, it couldn't be. Surely not.

(Yes I know they've got luminous strips, but you've gotta get them head on!)

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Nothing wrong with white....but might be worth seeing if they do the
optional illuminated roof rack, multi tone horn and reflective sticker
kit

·
Registered
670 Posts
It is a great colour for the car it has to be said. I've seen 3 and they really stand out. I would certainly consider it.

Thats the good reason to get one. However, would it get old fast if you saw it every morning day in day out? I think so.

Plus, your resale would be harsh as they are an aquired taste - double edged sword

·
Registered
207 Posts
I saw one last week in white - looked fantastic if you ask me! Every other mkV GTI I see is black - so the White makes your head turn. Got to admit, before I came accross the new R32 I was on the verge of ordering a GTI - white would have been my choice - or yellow if they'd had the balls to supply it in that colour!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Its official, if I was buying a GTI I would deffinately get a white one! I saw another one today driving in to Hawkhurst  (Kent) today, and when I first swa it comeing from a distance I was like "wow , nice, whats that?" Then I realised it was a white GTI, side lights on looking mean with its black grill and red stripe. Very nice indeed! 

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bit like this one!!![;)][:D]

Picked it up last Saturday frm Dane VW Chester, after being on order for what seems an eternity!!

I had never seen a white one until I went to pick it up, the dealership had never sold one either, so it was abit of a risk but I am made up with the result!!!

I have only done 200ish miles, But I am loving it, after coming from a MINI Cooper S Convertible.

I am glad I opted for the 18" wheels too, they really set the car off.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts