I have to admit that I didn't like the SFG in the publicity shots but I saw one on a 3 door in the flesh the other day and I have to say, that I like it. I also just discovered that Audi Ireland have finally launched the 2.0TFSI Quattro over here and I'm getting a bout of upgraditous!
Irish, while you are a younger fella you seem to have a lot more experience in car finance and trading in every year or two so perhaps you could answer some questions I have. I've always kept my car for the full finance term (5years) and then traded in so am not exactly sure about what is involved in ending one finance agreement prematurely and starting another.
Got my 2.0TDI Ambition with Sunroof,17in Parabola's,armrest,cupholder and full leather in June '04. Has 3200miles on the clock (don't laugh!)
Price was ?40000 odd with a trade in of ?10000 for my 5yo mk1 A3, so I am paying ?30000 ie ?580pm over 5 years (?34800 with interest)
Please excuse my naievity but I assume I have to clear the full amount including interest of the existing finance or would I not have to pay the full 5 years of interest but pay a penalty finance breakout fee kinda thing?
So say I wanted a 2.0TFSI that cost around ?47000 with all the options I wanted in Jan '06. I get offered (or fight for!) ?33000 trade in for current car. I'll have paid ?11,000 of the finance by December '05 so I would owe ?23800 on finance. ?33000-?23800=?10200 off 2.0TFSI.
Is that the correct way to work things out?
So in that scenario, I'd be looking at financing ?37000 which would be ?720pm which is a no go. Damn!!
If I didn't have to pay off the full 5 years of interest, how much would I save.?
Is ?33,000 too much or too little to expect trade in for my car?
How much do you think I could push Grange Motors for a discount taking into consideration that this would be the second car I've bought from them in the space of 2 years, didn't push for a discount on the current car (see I was a naieve pushover, but no more) and can hopefully play them off against Fosters Audi just up the road in Sandyford IND EST (didn't know about them when I bought current car)
If any or all the above could get the finance amount down a few grand then I'd go for it. Is it at all feasible that I could have the TFSI for the same repayments I am paying now considering the equity I have in the car or would I be better off waiting a year till the equity/depreciation balance went further in my favour. At a push I think I could accept 650pm but that equates to a finance amount of 32-33000.
So feasible or am I dreaming??