Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving out the the Metro centre yesterday and passed a black Hummer.

First time I've ever seen one that wasn't on the big screen.

Very strange looking vehicle indeed, the ultimate off road machine.

I'd love to know what kind of MPG you would get?

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Talking of fuel consumption - I was watching the news the other day and they said that the US/UK tanks use 200gallons of fuel per day!!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking about that the other day, How do tanks refuel in the 'field'?

Anyone know?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just done a quick search on autotrader, these things retail from £57500! Hummers that is not tanks[:)]

I could think of better ways to spend that kind of money.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
There's a yellow Hummer H2 that I see knocking round Manchester City Center quite a lot. App, the H2 is based on a normal SUV so it's probably more car like whereas the original Hummer is built for the military - I can imagine that it's a bit of a handfull.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I saw a Hummer on MTV Cribs, surprisingly it didn't have chrome alloys.... Anyway the owner said it gets 8 mpg!

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi all..

the H2 is based on the Cheverolet Suburban frame.. it starts at about US$52,000.. by the time we're done with the addons, they are about US$62,000.. they get about 8-10 mpg

the H1, the Original Hummer(HumVee) runs about US$112,000. It's the closest thing being used by the military. has the diesel power plant.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Saw the yellow one again last night in town. I think it belongs to Bauer Millet Cars, reg no is 8 USA! They also have a Ford F150 Lightning there, they are rapid for such a big pickup truck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wellsy I've seen that one in Manc also, I'm pretty sure it's Bauer Millet's. By the way you drove past me on Chester Road tonight at about 7.30pm - right outside the Stretford Arndale!

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by Gaffer

By the way you drove past me on Chester Road tonight at about 7.30pm - right outside the Stretford Arndale!
Yep, that was me last night - were you in a car or walking? I'd just called in at Gilbert Lawtons on my way home to have a look through the window at the Touareg.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by 2300V5

Saw this one in Madrid

Posted Image
Thats an H2, the new, 'smaller' one. The original is considerably bigger and there probably arent many over here...but the H2 can be had from an importer in Manchester if you have £62,000! 6.0 engine I believe

·
OldSkool Crew
660 Posts
I saw this the other day not far away from where I live:

Posted Image

They are massive! Just look at my Golf next to it [;)]

Nah, really... it is huge. Dwarfed my 'ikkle Polo.

I was driving along and saw it parked up and just had to pull over and photograph it, as I'd never seen one in the flesh before.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts