Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
782 Posts
Not the Drive the deal thread again .....

Right that does it, tomorrow im going to call and put an order in. Its not possible, so im now going to prove it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,029 Posts
I can imagine demand for the new GTI being quite high, so i'd love to know what delivery times, if any, they are estimating.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,713 Posts
Quote: posted by Mister_E on 09/11/2004 22:47:32

prove it or end up with a mk5 gti! Either sounds good!

. . . or three in Wish's case . . . [:D][:D][:D]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,259 Posts
Quote: posted by robk on 10/11/2004 00:05:04

I called them earlier in the week and they are quoting Mid April delivery.

Hope this helps!

I phoned them a couploe of weeks ago and they said if I placed my order with them then that I would get my car at the end of march. I asked if this was definate and if I could have it in writing.

J.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
And why would any broker give you a guarantee, in writing, that a car you haven't ordered would be delivered to you on a given day/time window??!!

Ask your VW dealer if they will give it to you, in writing, that a car you're thinking of ordering from them, will be here in a given time window.

FFS!!

I wouldn't have thought anybody could confirm a delivery/build date until your orders in at the factory?

Even if you have to wait a bit longer from a broker, ?2k is ?2k.

I'm not anti dealer by the way, and if you want one sooner than the reg plate change, then my guess would be go with the dealer but expect to pay nearly list price. If you don't, well then I know what I'd do...

Drive the Deal will be ordering them via a UK dealer somewhere...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
782 Posts
Tooks,

All im after is an E.T.A.

As for the 11% they wont even confim that !

They want ?1000 depoist plus any options that you include.

Then the car has to be registared in the name it is ordered in, so i cant even then sell it on as a new car ! (LOL)

Like you say tooks, its a waiting game, but 11% - in your dreams !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
Hi Wish,

It's nothing personal mate!!

If drive the deal and such like can't even confirm the discount/price at point of ordering, then that's clearly not on. Aren't they quoting a price on the website then?

If you specced up the same car with met paint, xenon's etc, wouldn't the broker price still be the cheapest even accepting the fact that you're only getting the 11% discount on the base car? And, assuming they could confirm the price at order.

Mind you, that would mean a hefty deposit to put down too wouldn't it, in the region of ?2.5k?!

TBH, it's a pain in the a%$e having to deal with anybody when buying a car sometimes, what with dealers out to make as much cash as possible and brokers promising the earth and twisting the level of discount...

As has been said before elsewhere, things will hopefully be a bit clearer when they start bringing the GTI over here in numbers.

I'm looking to order one after Xmas, subject to a test drive and work locations being confirmed. I'm in no rush to take delivery though, so I'll still be shopping on price, which will most likely mean a broker!!

Mind you, chipping my TDI is starting to sound more and more attractive!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
Me again!

Just spoke to Drive the Deal myself and got a quote on a 3dr Golf GTI with met paint, xenons, 18" wheels and 6cd/armrest.

Discount was about ?1900, or 9%. Not 11%, but they confirmed that was the price I'd pay. Delivery times to be confirmed, but estimated Mar/Apr next year. Deposit ?1000 + options = about ?2000.

My VW dealer on the same spec car recently offered me 2.25% discount (?500). Delivery time estimated 10 to 12 weeks. Deposit ?500.

So, the price difference in my case was ?1400, all of which I'd have to stump up front for the broker supplied car. Assuming a 6% per annum return on that ?1400 (before tax!) I'd earn about ?21 in interest whilst waiting for the car...

So, I can see why you might want to only leave ?500 in the hands of a car dealer rather than ?2000 to a broker, so that might swing it the dealers way. However, if you're after a "base" spec GTI, with no options, and don't mind the wait, then you might swing the brokers way.

Oh decisions, decisions!! [;)]

So, in summary, broker price lower, some discount available at dealer, bigger deposit required at broker, drive the deal won't take a trade in, dealer might get one a month quicker but neither can supply a firm delivery date - bugger!

Hope this helps everybody! I'm off for a lie down as my head hurts!!! Nurse?!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,794 Posts
Have you just tried the one dealer? I managed to go between my two local dealers and edged them until I got a deal I was confortable with. Might be worth approaching a few in your area with a print out from drive the deal to see if they will move a bit more.

As you are aware buying from a broker is not all plane-sailing. Having to dispose of a part exchange car can be worrying and not easy. This is something that puts me off them a bit. Before I got the Golf I had a MINI which I thought would be a doddle to sell - I couldn't sell it in three weeks and no-one came to see it [V]

One bigger point though and this is something I have personal experience in is that if you are supplied with a faulty car that you wish to reject, your contract lies with the supplying dealer not with VW. This could be extremely annoying if you are supplied a car from Aberdeen and you live a long way south of there.

Good luck, I wish I were getting a GTI [8D]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
406 Posts
Euro Imports have them at 9% and 10% off (3 vehicles):

www.euroimportsuk.com

3 and 5 door for Jan build / Feb delivery.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,794 Posts
Quote: posted by M4XVW on 10/11/2004 14:33:26

Euro Imports have them at 9% and 10% off (3 vehicles):

www.euroimportsuk.com

3 and 5 door for Jan build / Feb delivery.

I'd want a much bigger discount if buying an import.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,259 Posts
Well I have just been on line to see what deal they can do and if I roder it hey want a ?500 deposit. Delivery in April but they can't give me a firm date just in the month of april. They are offering a ?1950 discount on the spec I am after. Going to speak to my local friendly dealer to see what they can do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,259 Posts
Quote: posted by Wish on 10/11/2004 10:57:18

and did they give it to you in writing

No they wont confirm in writing but then again neither will my dealer..

Quote: posted by Wish on 10/11/2004 11:59:48

Tooks,

All im after is an E.T.A.

As for the 11% they wont even confim that !

They want ?1000 depoist plus any options that you include.

Then the car has to be registared in the name it is ordered in, so i cant even then sell it on as a new car ! (LOL)

Like you say tooks, its a waiting game, but 11% - in your dreams !

As my previous post says a ?500 deposit will get me my order for April with a ?1950 discount on the price. When I phoned this morning the guy did say the discounts vary depending when you order but the price they quote at time of order is the price you pay.

J.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top