Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being just 1 day shy of four months since order I finally get to pick it up on Saturday. [:D]

Shat myself when I phoned up dealer to confirm I'd been able to sort out insurace and was told that salesman was on holiday today and tommorrow[:'(]. Worries calmed when manager said that my car was top of the board for picking up Saturday. I'll post some picks up on Monday but for now I'm going to go and clean the 306 DTurbo and give it a little TLC. Been a brilliant car (98k on clock and only fault is airbag fault sensor always turning airbag off) and can only hope the GTi is anything near it.

Added to the fact I've just had an offer accepted on a house, am going on holiday next week, spent a stupid amount on clothes last weekend & GF's birthday last week, May is starting to be rather an expensive month.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
So how many hours sleep do you think you will get before Saturday?  Make sure you enjoy it.  Oh, and make sure to get your bottle opener and top up oil.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Worst thing is I'm off to a presentation dinner for the whole of Yorkshire hockey where we're picking up quite a few trophies and probably drinking a large quantity of alcohol . Might have to abstane though so I can pick it up early doors.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Play for Wakefield!!  Have met Barry Middleton although he's way above the level I play at, more social than sporting hockey.  Norman Hughes (captain when we won Bronze and on coaching staff when we won gold at Olympics) plays for us so, he got a few of the older GB players down to play our 1st team when the new pitch opened.  Bloody funny watching blikes pushing 50 harass the hell out of players half their age.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
I was at your pitch a couple of weeks ago, picking up some shirts.We were also supposed to play a friendly against you but you pulled out.  We played York instead.  We were passing through on a drinking tour of the North.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Oh, and make sure to get your bottle opener and top up oil.
Funny that, just got my bottle opener today. They said they don't come with them any more, thank goodness I wasn't paying, ?15.00 [:|]

Never saw the top up Oil..

Good luck with the new car you will really enjoy it. Was filling mine up today and a guy came over and said "that is a beautiful car" [H]

·
Registered
100 Posts
Picked up my car today!!!! The wait was aching, but boy is it worth it. Picking up a new car is just such an experience, and your like a young kid again at a sweet shop!!!

Bottle opener missing, front valance(s) scrapped. So both things on order. Dealer knew about the bottle opener, and said that they were knicked at the docks. They got a load on order.

Valances was pointed out by me (they probably knew about it) when taking delivery, and its all going to be sorted soon. Manajed to twist their arm for a set of rubber mats!!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Unfortunately it's pissing it down here at the moment so photos not possible. Like most people no bottle opener or oil, asked about bottle opener and was told it will probably be sent in the post (I await this or am going back). Anyone getting crap over you have to pay extra should show the dealer the instruction manual where is shows the bottle opener is used to create cup holders. Otherwise those without one and the central armrest have nowhere to store a drink (although banned the GF from having any liquid near the thing for a while).

Only done about 100 miles but absolutely loving it, trying to keep below 2500 rpm but going home last night got struck behind a queue of traffic and couldn't resist opening her up a bit. GF now not scarred we wont get around things but instead petrified we wont stop intime (she is possibly on of the worst passengers ever).

Nearly didn't get the keys on Saturday as the finance company were being real ***, dealer was great with me and the manager trying to double team the plonker from the finance company. Anyone who has applied for dealer 0% finance when they put a deposit down should beware!! It's got a 3 month life so I had to reapply on the day (therefore if you're the same get it sorted a few days before you pick the keys up). Not a problem you'd have thought with the length of time spent at current address and job to change but NO!! The security question asked was when I purchased the house I moved out of 9 months ago. He wanted the exact month and year and when I couldn't provide it refused the me. Decided to look the info up on the internet (yes if you know the address you can find eactly when the house was sold, so a brilliant security question) and after the fianance manager had spoken to the supervisor we got somewhere. Her amazing security question was where I lived before my last house, I thought the anawer to this was harder thean expected so tried to think of where I rented in university. This wasn't the answer and as it turned out it was my parents address which was on the form anyway (great security question)!! Anyway 2 hours later we finally get the go ahead (wouldn't have minded but I've got the cash in the bank for the car anyway).

·
Registered
59 Posts
The Reading dealer were gr8 with me, and the bottle opener and top-up oil (in bag) came without any mention or additional price.

I couldn't find any fault with the car on initial inspection, and nothing noticed since.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's what clinched the deal for me 0%, even said to the dealer that I was told that you weren't alllowed to give 0% on GTi but he told me that was untrue.

Therefore nearly bit his arm off as I now have the ?24k in bank earning 5.5% interest. They're still giving it out but to avoid that hastle I had have extended the life up to 6 months.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts