Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been after a R32 steering wheel for a little while now but did not fancy paying over ?150 for one. I managed to get hold of a S3 steering wheel on ebay (?50 [^]), it looks the same as the R32 wheel and I was wondering if anyone knows if it will fit on my MK4? Also how easy is it to fit / where can i get it fitted?

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Geoff, tmy boss has an S3 and the wheel looks to be exactly the same fitting as the mk4. From what i have read the steering wheel comes off dead easy, i think you have to disconnect the battery just incase you upset the airbag [:)]

·
Registered
771 Posts
Got my R32 wheel fitted this morning by CraigV. Looked fairly straight forward and took about 10 minutes. But then he knows what he's doing [:I]

Foxy is right. The wheel is phat[^]

For the record, VW cost price for the R32 steering wheel is ?198. So start haggling[:D]

·
Registered
321 Posts
Quote: posted by PhatPhil on 13/03/2004 14:32:34

Foxy is right. The wheel is phat[^]

For the record, VW cost price for the R32 steering wheel is ?198. So start haggling[:D]

How did you get that amazing price? Do you work for VW?

- Toff.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Quote: posted by Toff on 21/03/2004 01:00:37

How did you get that amazing price? Do you work for VW?

LOL! Reality check!

?200 for a steering wheel.. but it is sweeeet! I couldn't stop squeezing R1GTIs when I saw how firm it was.

- Toff.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.