Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been after a R32 steering wheel for a little while now but did not fancy paying over ?150 for one. I managed to get hold of a S3 steering wheel on ebay (?50 [^]), it looks the same as the R32 wheel and I was wondering if anyone knows if it will fit on my MK4? Also how easy is it to fit / where can i get it fitted?

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Geoff, tmy boss has an S3 and the wheel looks to be exactly the same fitting as the mk4. From what i have read the steering wheel comes off dead easy, i think you have to disconnect the battery just incase you upset the airbag [:)]

·
Registered
299 Posts
The airbag's the same shape, but unfortunately it's mounted in a different way. If you manage to fit it , let us know!

The wheel itself still has thumb grips, but is a lot thinner than an R32 wheel

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Gaddam it - that A3 interior looks sweet........the R32 wheel is phatter than Fatty Arbuckle's Fat uncle.

·
Registered
703 Posts
i prefer the A3 dash as it sits higher... the gear lever doesn block the heater controls and you dont have to take your eyes off the road for as long as in the MK4 fo see the dails, controls...

·
Registered
771 Posts
Got my R32 wheel fitted this morning by CraigV. Looked fairly straight forward and took about 10 minutes. But then he knows what he's doing [:I]

Foxy is right. The wheel is phat[^]

For the record, VW cost price for the R32 steering wheel is ?198. So start haggling[:D]

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
My supplier (dealer) is knocking them out at near cost ?183 plus the vat.

Phil - your price can't be right - there must be vat to add!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Quote: posted by PhatPhil on 13/03/2004 14:32:34

Foxy is right. The wheel is phat[^]

For the record, VW cost price for the R32 steering wheel is ?198. So start haggling[:D]

How did you get that amazing price? Do you work for VW?

- Toff.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Quote: posted by Toff on 21/03/2004 01:00:37

How did you get that amazing price? Do you work for VW?

LOL! Reality check!

?200 for a steering wheel.. but it is sweeeet! I couldn't stop squeezing R1GTIs when I saw how firm it was.

- Toff.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Toff please tell me you noticed this one before you posted and it was a joke [:D]

I couldn't stop squeezing R1GTIs when I saw how firm it was.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts